families of.. Perri, Santore, Trombino, LaPorta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CompGeekJTP
Rookie
Rookie

families of.. Perri, Santore, Trombino, LaPorta

Post by CompGeekJTP »

I just wanted to start off by saying hello to everyone on the site. It's a pleasure to be here.

Now for the last few months I've been a bit of a family history research madman. I have been lucky with some branches of my family, and very unlucky in others. I have been able to trace the Vignapiano branch of my family back to the 1700s. I have been given a lot of information about the Montemarano branch of my family from my mother, grandmother, and aunt. My father's side I have not been too lucky with. My last name is Perry, originally spelled Perri. Perri (or Perry) in Italy is like Smith here in the United States. I have as far back as my great-grandfather Giovanni Perri, a very common name. His wife was Lena Santore. On my father's mother's side I only have as far back as my great-grandparents also, Vincenza Trombino and Salvatore LaPorta. LaPorta is another difficult name because not only have I received listing for Italy and this country, but also a few Hispanic nations as well.

Any information that could be provided to me would be greatly appreciated. I do have an account on Ancestry.com, so anyone who is there is welcome to check my family tree out. My user name there is progsnobdt.

Also, of course, feel free to ask me anything questions. I already found one person here I am related to, so I am optimistic that there are more.
irenetrantas

Re: families of.. Perri, Santore, Trombino, LaPorta

Post by irenetrantas »

Was Lena Santore from Calabria? I have Santores from Terravecchia/Cariati......maybe a hit?!

:) Best, Irene
irenetrantas

Post by irenetrantas »

Was Lena Santore from Calabria? I have Santores from Terravecchia/Cariati......maybe a hit?!

:) Best, Irene
CompGeekJTP
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CompGeekJTP »

I'm not sure where she was from exactly. Just another part of the mystery. All I know is that she was born Pasqualina Santore around 1882.
irenetrantas

Post by irenetrantas »

CompGeekJTP wrote:I'm not sure where she was from exactly. Just another part of the mystery. All I know is that she was born Pasqualina Santore around 1882.
CompGeekJTP
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CompGeekJTP »

Am I missing something?