Surname ARCERI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lochery

Surname ARCERI

Post by lochery »

I am researching the surname ARCERI. Carmela Arceri came from Palermo to New York on the S. S. Sidonian August 18, 1886 with her 2 year old son, Guirlano. She traveled with Alberto Quenqua. Carmela never told the name of this child's father. If anyone knows any information, PLEASE contact me. Thank you!
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Surname ARCERI

Post by ptimber »

What was the sons surname?? You don't say and obviously read the ships manifest which would have it. The son would have to have a surname on the manifest. What gives? Peter
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

lochery wrote:I am researching the surname ARCERI. Carmela Arceri came from Palermo to New York on the S. S. Sidonian August 18, 1886 with her 2 year old son, Guirlano. She traveled with Alberto Quenqua. Carmela never told the name of this child's father. If anyone knows any information, PLEASE contact me. Thank you!
Hi,

I saw the manifest for the SS Sidonian with Carmela Arceri who is the wife of Alberto Quenqua and Guirlano is their son.

The manifest states,
Albert Quenqua, age 21, shoemaker, going to New York
Carmela Arceri, wife of above, age 30, seamstress, going to New York
Guirlano, son of above, age 2, going to New York

The manifest was on Ancestry.com. If you can go to your library and they have Ancestry online, you can print out a copy. If not, let me know and I can print one for you.

Have a good one.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

His son is surnamed Quenqua and you still need the town of origin for Arceri surname family history. Go to the same manifest that is listed and find the town of origin and then get back to me with your research objectives. Once you knwo what you want to know then I can direct your efforts so that you can find whatever you wish. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 10 Quenqua surnamed persons in the USA. Two are in washington D.C. and the remaining 8 are in NY. Go to wwww.whiteopages.com and look them up and either call or write to them if you wish to know about guirlano Quanqua. Peter
quenqua17

Post by quenqua17 »

This is very interesting to me. My last name is Quenqua. I would be very interested to know what you know about Alberto Quenqua and his relationship to your family. Thanks. :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Send her a private message LOCHERY is her name and subject is Arceri. She wiull get your messsage directly. Peter