Christmas cards?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Christmas cards?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I am not quite certain which board to post this on, so this one will have to do for now.

The stato civile official in my maternal grandparent's comune (Comune di Malvito) has been been incredibly helpful with his fast and complete responses to my several requests for documents over the past two years. It occured to me that I would like to send him a traditional Italian Christmas card with a handwritten note inside, "Vorrei ringraziarla per essere stata di così grande aiuto. Buon natale!"

Okay?

I would consider sending a card to the sindaco/mayor also, but do not know what I might say to him. Your thoughts?

Finally, there is the other problem - my paternal grandparents came from Comune di Roccasecca and, even though my own Italian citizenship has been recognized and I am registered there, I have never received a single reply to any of several letters I have sent to the ufficio di stato civile or to the sindaco. I would consider sending Christmas cards there as well, but without some sort of introduction ("Io sono Roccaseccani abito negli Stati Uniti" ?), they won't even know who the card is from.

Again, any thoughts would be appreciated. I would really like to establish a dialogue with the people in Roccasecca ...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Christmas cards?

Post by PeterTimber »

The Comune of roccasecca.. www.comune.roccasecca.fr.it is celebrating their dawn to dusk Broccoli festival on December 13 so perhaps if you look over the fotos and feast announcement you may get some ideas. It look like a fun town Carmine!!

=Peter=
~Peter~
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I haven't managed to establish a relationship with Roccasecca and I live close by. The festa sounds like fun though might even go. Must get through Santa Barbara first (tomorrow)
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

click on the fotos for more fotos!!! =Peter=
~Peter~