Help with translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie

Help with translation

Post by Normandie »

I received letter and 3 documents from the City of Altavilla Silentina on my Great Grandparents, Guiseppe and Emmanuele Cornetta. I need help with translation. I am going to copy letter but will need to post documents as hard to read handwriting. But if someone can help with the letter it be start for me. Thanks. Here is parts of letter.

Oggetto: Cornetta Guiseppe e Pepe Emmanuele Antonia-Coniugi-Atti di nascita e di matrimonio-Invio certificazone..

In riscontro alla sua richiesta del 24 ottobre 2009, protocollata in questo Comune in data 6 novembre 2009 con il n. 13490, si inviano, unitamente alla presente, gli estratti di nascita e l'estratto di matrimonio del coniugi Cornetta Guiseppe e Pepe Emmanuele Antonia, significando in pari tempo che nel Comune di Altavilla Silentina non vivono piu eredi della famiglia Cornetta,che invece sono presenti nel Comune limitrofo di Serre (ove attualmente la carica di Sindaco e ricoperta da tale Cornetta Palmiro) mentre potrebbero esserci ancora degli eredi della famiglia Pepe (ma bisognerebbe fare una lunga ricerca nell archivio storico, sempre se esistono ancora atti ufficiali che possano far risalire alla su nominata Pepe Emmanuele Antonia (come registrata all atto di nascita).
Confidando di essere stati comunque utileinel fornire le notizie e la certificazione allegata, e Dalla Residenza Municipale " Maria SS. Annuniziata", li 12/11/2009

II Responsabile del Settore Demografia
Carlo Rufo

Thanks again for any help with translation and please let me know if I need to send the City any money for these. I can't tell if there is a request for funds. N.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Help with translation

Post by PeterTimber »

They are not requesting any monies but the letter does have explanations and guidance for further genealogy researches which requires the expertise of someone adroit in the Italian language. =Peter=
~Peter~
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Normandie »

Peter

Thanks for telling me that not requesting money. I just hope some one can translate letter. N.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Normandie wrote:... But if someone can help with the letter it be start for me. Thanks.
Running the text through the Google translator gives some clues:
Subject: Cornet and Pepe Giuseppe Emmanuele Antonia-spouse-birth certificates and marriage-Enter certificazone ..

In response to his request of 24 October 2009, registered in the City on November 6, 2009 under No 13490th, send, together with this, extracts of birth and the extract of the marriage of the spouses and Cornetta Giuseppe Pepe Antonia Emmanuel, meaning at the same time in the City of Altavilla Silentina no longer live family heirs Cornetta, which instead are in the neighboring village of Serre (when the office of mayor and currently covered by this Palmiro Cornetta) while there may be still the heirs of the Pepe family (but should do extensive research in historical archives, of course if there are still official acts that could be traced back to Emmanuel appointed on Pepe Antonia (as recorded at birth).
Confident that they were still utileinel provide news and supporting certification, and the Residence Hall "Maria SS. Annunizata", li 12/11/2009
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Subject: Cornetta Guiseppe and Pepe Emmanuele Antonia-Husbnd and wife-Birth and marriage acts-documents mailing...

Following your request dated Oct.l 242009, registered in this municipality on Nov. 6 2009 with n. 13490, we are sending, attached to this letter, the birth extracts and the marriage extract of Cornetta Guiseppe and Pepe Emmanuele Antonia, in the same time we notify that in the town of Altavilla Silentina there are no heirs of the Cornetta family, but there are some in the neighboring town of Serre (as of now the mayor is a man called Cornetta Palmiro) while there could be some heirs of the Pepe family (but we should do a long search in the historical archive, provided that there still exist official record allowing to go back to the above mentioned Pepe Emmanuele Antonia (as recorded in the birth act.
We hope that the news given and the documents sent are useful... From the town hall " Maria SS. Annuniziata", li 12/11/2009

The manager of the Demografic department
Carlo Rufo

Feel free to post the documents received so that we can help with tehir content.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Wow,

I think it is really great of the to send that extra info about where the family might be. :lol: :lol:
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Normandie »

Thanks to everyone who helped with the letter. It is because of this site I got help to be able to send for this information. I was so happy that I got a reply with the documents. With your help again I can read them. I will post the 3 other documents. Need my husband's help to attach them. It appears they are marriage certificate and 2 birth certificates. Thanks again so very much. N..
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Rather than attaching the documents you should upload them to any hosting system and post here the link. Don't downsize them when you post, otherwise it will be difficult to read them...
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Normandie »

What is a hosting system? We will post them tonight when my husband gets home from work Thanks. N.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Normandie wrote:What is a hosting system? We will post them tonight when my husband gets home from work Thanks. N.
Photobucket and Imageshack are two examples. The free accounts generally allow you to upload pictures and then "share" them by posting a link to the picture or album.
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Normandie »

We tried posting the document attachments. Even tried as new topic. Unable to get them to load. Is anyone willing to send their e-mail address so can send directly to you? I have been able to do this in other forums and been able to communicate with private message. This was done in World War I and World War II Forums so coud send picture of Great Uncle in his World War I uniform for identification. Let me know. I think because I have Apple having trouble getting attachments to load. If any advice appreciate it. Thanks N.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

you may send them to liviomoreno @ gmail.com (no spaces)
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Normandie »

liviomoreno I sent first document to your e-mail address. Want to be sure you get it and than will send other 2 documents. Thanks so much for letting me send to you for translation. N.
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Normandie »

Johnny Thanks for your advice. I have e-mailed one of documents to liviomoreno. If that works will send others that way too. As you can tell I am not very good with computer for attachments. Usually my husband helps me. This time we had lots of trouble but think it has worked out. Thanks to you and all for advice and help. The Italian site has been so helpful to me in my research on my family. N.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Normandie wrote:liviomoreno I sent first document to your e-mail address. Want to be sure you get it and than will send other 2 documents. Thanks so much for letting me send to you for translation. N.
I have received it, converted to .jpg (it was a .pdf) and uploaded to:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7338 ... cument.jpg

This is the marriage record of Giuseppe CORNETTA and Emmanuele PEPE. It is an abstract of the actual record (Estratto per riassunto as opposed to Estratto per copia integrale that is a word by word copy of the record).

Here is the translation:

Municipality of Altavilla Silentina
Salerno province
Vital Record Office
Marriage acts
Year 1889 nr. 5 part .... Series.... Abstract

According to the register of the Marriage Acts for the year 1889 # 5 (part --- Series ----) on the day ten of the month of March of the year one thousand eight hundred eighty nine were married in Altavilla Silentina in front of the Mayor Bonaventura MOTTOLA
1. Cornetta Giuseppe, single aged 24 born in Altavilla Silentina, profession day laborer
2. Pepe Emmanuele, single aged 20 born in Altavilla Silentina, profession peasant.
This abstract is compliant with the original (record) and is released with the exemption of stamps for approved usage.
Date 19 November 2009