Visiting family history librarary - surname Monterosso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Visiting family history librarary - surname Monterosso

Post by jo123 »

Hi there,
I would like to visit one of the Mormon family history libraries but would like to be prepared when I go there. What info would I need to be able to get microfilms etc. Do they have access to all records held in Italy.
I am primarily looking for birth and marriage records in Sinopoli for my great grandfather Cosmo Monterosso.
Do they also have access to adoption records. I am also looking for info on another great grandfather Adolfo Giuseppe Puccini who was adopted from Polistena.

Josie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Visiting family history librarary - surname Monterosso

Post by PeterTimber »

There are employees whocanasssist you iin locating the town of originin Italy should they have been available tothe Mormons when they went thru Italy microfiliming the individual comune civil records covering Births, marriages and deaths. Napoleon established civil record keping in 1809 for the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies and for a short period when he conquered Northern Italy (about 15 years) but after 15 years he was deposed in the North some towns maintained record keeping while others did not. =Peter=
~Peter~
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Visiting family history librarary - surname Monterosso

Post by misbris »

The FHC has the microfilm records for Sinopoli from 1809 to 1910. If you have an idea of the years you are looking for, you can order that way. You have to actually go in and pay in advance (approx $6.50) for each reel. I have found their staff to be very helpful.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0