ship manifests

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
lillydipper

ship manifests

Post by lillydipper »

I am also now trying to search the ships my parents arrived on from Italy, but am having no luck.
am looking for ship M/S sobieski arriving in Halifax Jan 17, 1949 and Vulcania arriving Halifax dec 24, 1951.
The only info i have found so far was #4198 Italian Line for Vulcania and # 3844 Gdynia-America line for sobieski (if that is even correct)

I would love to have photos of these ships and something that shows my parents names as passenger.

thanks
gale
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: ship manifests

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to WWW.COLLECTIONSCANADA.GC.CA/GENEALOGY and write them for records at their genealogy centre. =Peter=
~Peter~
lillydipper

Post by lillydipper »

thank you.
i looked at the sight but it seems to be for copies of immigration papers. we already have those. i am more interested in the actual ships they arrived on and photos.

gale
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

lillydipper wrote:I am also now trying to search the ships my parents arrived on from Italy, but am having no luck.
am looking for ship M/S sobieski arriving in Halifax Jan 17, 1949 and Vulcania arriving Halifax dec 24, 1951.
The only info i have found so far was #4198 Italian Line for Vulcania and # 3844 Gdynia-America line for sobieski (if that is even correct)

I would love to have photos of these ships and something that shows my parents names as passenger.

thanks
gale
Photos of the Vulcania can be found at this site.

For the Sobieski, try this site.
lillydipper

Post by lillydipper »

Thank you!

okay not to be a pest, but any idea where to go to get actual photos sent to me. Printing them off the computer doesnt really work.

thanks again
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

www.luxurylinerrow.com/italianlines.html **SPAM** postcards brochures, etc etc.#22482 item number

M/s Sobieski possible baggage tags, miscellaneous items may be available at www.oceanliner.com/spec4.htm I suggest you telephone them first. =Peter=
~Peter~