Churches in Castagnelo and/or Maconesi, Ferrada

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
LP247A

Churches in Castagnelo and/or Maconesi, Ferrada

Post by LP247A »

Hello...

Can anyone tell me the name of churches, active or inactive, in either Castagnelo and/or Moconesi? My great-grandmother, Maria DONDERO CUNEO donated a statue in her cousin, Giacomo DONDERO's, honor called Our Lady of the Garden or Fields of Castagnelo (It looks like Mary holding the baby Jesus surrounded by flowers) in 1913. Records indicate she and her husband Guiseppe CUNEO were born in Moconesi in 1850's-60 time frame. I have a photo of the statue on wooden slats apparently before it was raised or placed on or in the church.

Thanks,
Noreen
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Churches in Castagnelo and/or Maconesi, Ferrada

Post by ptimber »

Because the Castagnelo town doesn't show up it may have another spelling so to make it easy gfor you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the words PARROCCHIA in the first line and GE in the third line (for entire province of Geneova) and then click CERCA. An alphabetical listing will come up for a church in each letter starting with A and ending with Z as in the alphabet and select M for Moconesi and then select F for FIGAROLO since Castagnelo is a frazione or suburb of that town. A listing of the churches in each town will appear., Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I forgot to mentionthat when you click CERCA a screen will appear and go down to the first listing where you see the word "COMUNE" and click that for the Alphabet of towns. Peter
nanj

Post by nanj »

Hi: I am very new to this - I happened upon this site and the name Cuneo got my attention. Do you have a Josephine (born: 1878) or a Joseph Anthony (born 1895) in your information. Josephine was my grandmother who married a Joseph Valente and resided in Moconesi. Thanks....
jtorre

Post by jtorre »

It's been a year, so I imagine you found the parish but just in case....

Castegnelo is a frazione of the comune of Lorsica. There is a parish in Castegnelo. Moconesi is another comune. There are several parishes there.

On www.parrocchie.it, if you enter the comune name where it says "citta" on the search screen, it will list all parishes in the comune. Most of the time on that listing the name of the parish will also include the village (frazione) where it is located.

J Torre