Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Hi... I was sent some pictures from a relative that she found in a box. A few of them have some writing on the back of them and I was hoping to see if someone could translate for me. I'll try adding as a attachment and also tried to load them into my photobucket.
Thanks in advance (and hopefully the links work !)
Hello there,
Wow, these are difficult to read! I can make out a few bits, so I'll start the ball rolling and maybe someone else will join in. The scans are rather small, which makes the 3rd one too difficult to read.
1st) says "ho scritto una lettera perche" = "I have written a letter because" then a bit later it says "il pensiero" = "the thought", then "fare baci a tutto" = "give kisses to everyone", then "famiglia" = "family" and "Gerardo" at the end.
2nd) says "Vi offro questa foto per" = "I give you this photo for", then a word I can't make out, then "del tuo" = "of your" and then "Giganti Vito" at the end.
3rd) starts "Questa cartolina" = "This postcard" and then it gets a bit too small to make out. Sorry about that.
Non vi ho scritto una lettera perche voi gia mi c???? ma il pensiero ce lo sempre di voi è che sono lontano e non vi posso ascoltare baci a tutoo la vostra famiglia sono vostro nipote A??t?? Gerardo
I did not write ta letter because you already ????? but (my) thoughts are always with you. I am far from you and I cannot listen to you. Kisses to all your family, I am your nephew [or grandson, the Italian word is the same] ??????? Gerardo
Vi offro questa mia foto per ricordarti del tuo amore che per sempre vi penso
Gigante Vito
25-6 42-XX
I give you this picture of my self so that you will remember your love who always thinks of you.
Gigante Vito June 26 1942 (20th year of the facsist era)
Questa cartolina è il monumento ai caduto in guerra che sarà inaugurato il 24 maggio che verrà anche sua maestà il Re col suo figlio che sarà una delle più grandi feste che si farà quest'anno a Ceva(?)
Questo si trova davanti una villa ed un teatro questa è una donna che rappresenta l'Italia e tutto in bronzo la statua e l'altro in marmo fino a terra
This postcard shows the war memorial that will be inaugurated on May 24 at the presence of his Majesty the King and his son. It will be one of the biggest feast this year in Ceva(?).
It is in front of a villa and a theater and the woman represents Italy. The statue is made in bronze and the basement in marble
This concise historical presentation is intended not as an exhaustive sociological treatise, but as a general introduction for the layman. It is presumed that the reader has already reviewed Italian Heraldry, Nobility & Genealogy. Because of the highly individual nature of genealogical and heral...