Campomenosi surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
campo

Campomenosi surname

Post by campo »

I am trying to find any information I can about my grandfather Pietro Campomenosi and his brothers and sisters, father and mother, grandfather and grandmother. He was born in S. Stefano d'aveto in 1868. I believe his father's given name was Rafaillo, born 07/06/1818 and his grandfather's given name was Clemente.
William Campomenosi
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

while there are 21 listings for campomenosi in santo stefano d'aveto there does not appear to be any microfilm civil records for the town at the fasmily history library. You may wish to check with them for the civil records. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

for listings go to www.paginebianche.it. Peter
campo

Listings

Post by campo »

Peter:
Thankyou for the reply. I knew of the large number of Campomenosi names still living in S. Stefano and I assume I must be related to some of them. I am most interested in finding the names of relatives from the previous 2 or 3 generations. I have some information but am not sure if the list of names I have is at all accurate.
William Campomenosi
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Try the Family history Library and see if they have the microfilm for Santo Stefano. Peter
Sharpie

Post by Sharpie »

The only thing I can find is a WW1 Draft:

Antonio Campomenosi Jul 27 1886 White ITA Manhattan, New York, NY

There is an image I have of it.

Have you tried a different spelling of the last name? I will try and find some more infomation on that name.

Sandra Lamolli
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear campo You can write to Santo Stefano and request a family certificate for His father which will give you the status of his family, including parents,brothers and sisters. If this is what you wish please e-mail me. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to www.circolocalabrese.org and clcik on italian form letters (lower left side0 you can obtain form letter for family status certificate. Enclose a self addressed envelope and $5.00 US or EURO which is suggested by the Mormon church people even though the service is free since written requests are "end of day" handling.

Micorfilms of records forcivil record are kpet at the Family History Library in Utah but can be ordered and viewed at the Family Hisotry Library branches nearest your home. They are listed under the Mormon church and will take about 3 weeks to arrive at the branch. The cost is minimal but be prepared for old 19th century handwriting and bring a magnifying glass to trace your family. You can order specific documents from the town as stated above. As for the telephone directory at ww.paginebianche.it yuou place the surname in the first line and the town in the third line andclick CERCA, A listing will appear by name,address, (province initials) (VIA or V=sreet) and postal code ius obvious as well as telephone numbers. Peter
campo

Post by campo »

Thanks again. Your answers will be very helpful. Sorry about the personal E-mail. One of your previous postings said to E-mail you, so I thought that was what you wanted. I'll respond through postings from now on. Bill
campo

Antonio

Post by campo »

Sharpie:
I don't recognize the name Antonio but that doesn't mean he isn't a part of my family tree. I'll try to follow up on your lead. Thanks.
William Campomenosi
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I sent you an private message. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I sent you an private message. Peter
campo

To PTIMBER

Post by campo »

Peter:
Back in December I posted some messages looking for information on my ancestors. You were very helpful. You told me to write to Santo Stefano's Civil Registry Office using a form letter from circolocalabrese.org filling in the information I had about my relative. I did exactly that and yesterday I got a reply. Was I ever astounded. The man who replied works in the Registry Office in Santo Stefano and his name is Alessandro Campomenosi. What a surprise! His grandfather was the brother of my grandfather. We are direct relatives. Virtually all of the information I had in my possession was confirmed. I now hope to be able to write directly to him soon. My only problem was that his letter to me was in Italian, which I don't read, so I have had some problems translating parts of the letter. When I write to him it will be in English so I hope he doesn't have the same problems.
I can't thank you enough for your help.
William Campomenosi
stevecampi

Re: Campomenosi surname

Post by stevecampi »

My name is Steve Campi and I live in Walnut Creek, California. 925-708-6932. It is a town about 25 minutes east of San Francisco. My name and most in the family was shortened from Campomenosi in 1946. There is some verbal history that I remember from my grandfather but the major part of it is that my great-grandfather was from the Genoa area and his name was Angelo Campomenosi. Our information is that he was born in 1851. I think that he was married in the USA because his wife was born in France (Lyon) (not Italy) and her name was Josephine Genetti. Their first child was Carlo who was born in New York in 1881. By 1884 they were in Oakland, California because that is where/when their next child Antonio was born. There were three children later. I don't know anything at all of his life before he came to the USA other than he was said to be tall and may have been a carabinieri. He may have come to America with others in his family but they stayed in the New York area and he was the only one who came out west. My grandfather (Eugene b. 1890) said that an uncle came out to Oakland from the east to work as a mason in the early 1900's in the construction of Sacred Heart Church in Oakland. If any of this dovetails with your information you may have found a distant cousin.
MHopson

Re: Campomenosi surname

Post by MHopson »

If anyone gets this I am a living descendant of the campomenosi . I have a full family tree and actual documents from S. Stefano d'aveto. My direct grandmother is one of the last campomenosi alive here in NJ. all together there are 3 of them. we have direct contact.... full family tree.....actual family paperwork and documents as well as the official campomenosi "family book" as they refer to it as. We have a massive trove of information and other things. If anyone here reads this my number is 732 300 8767 ...pietro was my great grandfather.... I have his pictures and we also share a some things since he was a free mason and I myself being one.

again 732 300 8767