Seeking information on Celia Jewish

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Seeking information on Celia Jewish

Post by Rachis »

Seeking information on Celia Jewish (born April 28, 1924 and died in Far Rockaway NY on 30 dec. 1992), married William Frecentese (do not know the date of marriage) and Jewish obituaries of 30 dec. 1992.
Thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Seeking information on Celia Jewish

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.ssa.gov/foia/html/foia_guide.htm and you can request where it says "MAKE YOUR REQUEST ON LINE" for the social security SS-5 application. Her social secuirty number is 065-07-3877. She was born 6/17/1881 and died 6/1963 under the name Celia FRECENTESE.

You can obtain the information on your computer and you can pay with a credit card if you wish. =Peter=
~Peter~
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rachis »

Peter is unlikely to be her. Frecentese Celia was born in 1924 and died in 1992. Where did you get the data?
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

YOu can order her SS record as Peter indicated - see info below.

Name: Celia Frecentese
SSN: 125-14-1412
Last Residence: 11693 Far Rockaway, Queens, New York, United States of America
Born: 28 Apr 1924
Died: 30 Dec 1992
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951)

Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

I have not followed your story, but do you have this information:

Name: Celia Frecentese
Service Info.: PFC US ARMY
Birth Date: 28 Apr 1924
Death Date: 30 Dec 1992
Relation: Wife of Frecentese, William
Interment Date: 31 Dec 1992
Cemetery: Long Island National Cemetery
Cemetery Address: 2040 Wellwood Avenue Farmingdale, NY 11735-1211
Buried At: Section V Site 2326b

Information about the cemetary:
http://www.cem.va.gov/CEMs/nchp/longisland.asp

add: I see you have burial info from find a grave website.

I checked genealogybank, newspaper archive, newsbank America's obits and death notices and did not find a obit for you. You should write to a library in the town they lived and ask them to look for it and email it to you. Many towns have their local newspapers on microfilm.

Debbie
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rachis »

Thank Debbie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Rachis I apologize your right about the dates of birth and death. I probably picked up another set of dates in error. Thanks to Debbie all is well!! =Peter=
~Peter~
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rachis »

My genealogical research in the United States is going forward, thanks to all friends of the forum. I am grateful to all.
Summary.
Domenico Frecentese and Girolama Gioielli with his son William arrive for the first time in the United States in 1923, but they are hospitalized, then were rejected in Italy.
In 1927 they finally reach the United States and are hosted by the maternal uncle of Dominic.
Girolama died in 1931, Domenico and is a widower until his death in 1971.
Dominic and William, a naturalized American, are enlisted in the Second World War. William has received the silver star.
William and Celia (Celia Jewish) are married. Celia has participated in World War II in the Navy.
William was fired in 1950 because they could find to sleep during the work shift as a custodian of the railway.
William died May 15, 1976 and is buried in Long Island National Cemetery in the field of war veterans.
In 1984 Celia participating in an auction and bought land with a house by the City of New York at Cross Bay Blvd Far Rockaway. Even the sister (or cousin) Faye Cohen has bought land with a house next to his property.
Celia died on 30 December 1992 and is buried in Long Island National Cemetery in the field of war veterans. His house is inherited by Faye Cohen (married Thomas Pepitone) and Sara Cohen. They administer the assets of Celia.
In October 1993, there are other heirs who come into inheritance: Stephen Badami (with his wife Christine ... Badami) and Philip D'Agostino (with his wife Dawn ... D'Agostino). They are cousins or nephews of Celia?
In January 1995, died Faye Cohen Pepitone.
In these two months I have tried in every way to know the surname of Celia and what are his relatives. Now it may be possible to know the surname of Celia. One thing is certain: William and Celia have not had children.
At this point I'd like to meet:
1. The surname could be Celia Cohen. Was Jewish. The surname Cohen is typical jew. Celia was born April 28, 1924, died 30 December 1992. Surname is Celia Cohen or Celia Badami or Celia D'Agostino. Some people can give news about Celia Cohen Celia or Badami or Celia D'Agostino (ancestry.com: the census of 1930, the births, the obituaries, the Jewish community, marriage)? All informations are useful.
2. Faye, Sara and Celia were relatives, sisters, cousins? Faye Cohen Pepitone died in 1995. When born? Who was the father? Sara Cohen when she was born? When did she die? Was not married! All informations are useful.

Rachis