No family remaining in towns of origin?
Re: No family remaining in towns of origin?
Wow! I must be blind...thank you SO much Johnny. I'll have to start writing some letters 
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: No family remaining in towns of origin?
Write to the doctors and lawyers (several of the Marrocco's) first!
Honestly, though, I have found in my own research that I sometimes get a thought in my head (there are no Johnny's in Rome, perhaps) and it just becomes a "fact" which I don't bother to re-visit. Then months later I do re-visit the search and see that I was totally wrong.
Sometimes it is because I have honed my technique in the intervening months; sometimes it is because I have since learned of a new search tool or website.
Anyway, my general rule is, if you have good, logical, reasons to believe something probably exists, then indeed, it probably does. Keep looking until you find it.
Honestly, though, I have found in my own research that I sometimes get a thought in my head (there are no Johnny's in Rome, perhaps) and it just becomes a "fact" which I don't bother to re-visit. Then months later I do re-visit the search and see that I was totally wrong.
Sometimes it is because I have honed my technique in the intervening months; sometimes it is because I have since learned of a new search tool or website.
Anyway, my general rule is, if you have good, logical, reasons to believe something probably exists, then indeed, it probably does. Keep looking until you find it.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: No family remaining in towns of origin?
PS: Sorry, the Sorbo's are not in Teano itself but within 16 km (about 10 miles) of Teano. Still a good hit, I think.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: No family remaining in towns of origin?
Dear jt27,
Aren't you glad you mentioned those family names. You are well on your way now to making more progress. To answer your question on page 1, "Bette, how did you go about tracing your families moving within Italy.?" It was through correspondence with living people with the same surname in Italy. After making the connection, data was verified, and then I was on my way to read more microfilms in the city they moved to. This resulted in a whole new branch of the family, which happen to be the descendants of my great-grandfather's brother.
Aren't you glad you mentioned those family names. You are well on your way now to making more progress. To answer your question on page 1, "Bette, how did you go about tracing your families moving within Italy.?" It was through correspondence with living people with the same surname in Italy. After making the connection, data was verified, and then I was on my way to read more microfilms in the city they moved to. This resulted in a whole new branch of the family, which happen to be the descendants of my great-grandfather's brother.

