Authentication of City Clerk Signatures NYC

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Authentication of City Clerk Signatures NYC

Post by cdevita »

I mailed the envelope Feb 10th priority certified and it just arrived there due to the snow--yesterday the 16th! I am going to call today and see how I can get this expedited. However, I am not going to have it mailed back to me. I am having a friend who I did not know lived in Brooklyn to pick them up and hand deliver them to the state.
Tonio70
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tonio70 »

The whole process for NYC is a pain in the a**. I myself am going through the second process of getting all signatures verified just to have them returned to me so I can send them back for Apostilles. I lived in NYC prior to living in Florida, if I knew of the headache and time wasted, I would have obtained all documents on my last trip there. Silly me for not thinking wisely. I remember when I was in NYC about 2 years ago and I obtained my birth certificate in person, they gave me a short form even though I asked for long form. The Clerk's response was OH Well, I was livid but I moved along since I only needed it for a passport at the time. I just remember the golden rule, I will get more with Honey than I would with Vinegar. Just be patient and it will all work in your favor. Good luck.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

I called them today and they were very nice-they gave me a log# and the names of two people to call and check on things directly. They said 1-2 weeks max!
Tonio70
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tonio70 »

Good to hear, hopefully my documents are being processed along yours :) and i will recieve them shortly. I just want this headache to be over already. Good luck.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

I will let you tomorrow the direct phone number and get your log number. I have them at work. I will also give you the names of the people to call directly who will look up your docs and let you know the status. Carolyn Jones was one name and the other was a gal's name with the last name Swartz. Keep the faith! When is your appt. at the consolato?
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

NY COUNTY AUTHENTICATION

646-386-5933

Received date: you need this from them
Log # you need this from them

Margaret Swartz
Carolyn Jones
Tonio70
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tonio70 »

Thanks for the information, I will call tomorrow and see if they received my documents for notary authentication. I have my appointment in the Miami consulate at the end of August, 2010. I had to recently send for my GGF birth register in Varese Italy once again after they made an error with his birth date. They apparently read his birth register incorrectly, I am patient and awaiting that document. It is the most important in the entire process. When is your appointment and where?
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Los Angeles, March 26th.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Thought I would follow through on this-My county authenticated docs were returned pronto within 8-10 days-I even sent in the wrong amount of funds and they finished the docs-waitied for the corrected amount and sent overnight express! They were lovely-I just sent everything over night to be apostilled and the woman at the State Dept of New York said she would turn them in 2-4 days and overnight them back to me...Wish me buono fortuna, my appt with LA Consulate is on March 26th.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Quick update to my friends-Confirmation that NY State Dept sent my Apostilles today over nighted to me...I should have them tomorrow...My appt is next Fri in LA SO pending any unforeseen circumstances, and I am expecting something because I always do, I am good to go! Did I catch drift from somehwere that I needed to BRING fingerprint cards with me?
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Oh, my 19 year old daughter is coming with me as she is going through the process as well. Not sure how my husband fits into this scheme-he would love to be a citizen as well...and then there is my mother who is Italian on both sides but both of her GF's became US citizens.
mazzini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mazzini »

good luck! my appointment in LA is April 20. I'm having someone do all my apostilles next week.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Thanks!!
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

good luck - let us know how it goes :)
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

@Mulé: how do I expedite my husband and my mother? I am bringing what I can for both.