Pros and cons of dual citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
emiroirausquin
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Pros and cons of dual citizenship

Post by emiroirausquin »

:lol:
spudbunny

Post by spudbunny »

Hi,

I am American and applied for my italian citizenship successfully via the San Francisco consulate. If you have specific questions feel free to ask!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Are you an attorney?? Rules regulations procedures and policy change all the time. Why are you so sure you can direct someone in legal matters with certaintly. There are different laws for italian citizenship bedtwen North and South America..are you prepared for that.? Peter
drcaggiano

Post by drcaggiano »

Spudbunny;

I asked them for help in Sept 04 and the woman in charge seemed a bit irritable. Can you tell me what they required in the way of proof of no naturalization for your ancestor(s)?

Was the NARA letter OK, or did you need the BCIS FOIA?

I would love to get a list of all the docs you needed, as well as how long the whole thing took. My grandfather came from potenza ( San Fele)
From the time you gave them the app, how long til you got passport?

thanks a lot
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

spudbunny wrote:Hi,

I am American and applied for my italian citizenship successfully via the San Francisco consulate. If you have specific questions feel free to ask!
What are the cons in the dual citizenship like paying taxes
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO