Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
It used to be suggested by the mormon people some years ago that a donation of(US) $15.00 to a parish priest for document extract was the norm but of late the more accepted figure is about 15Euro. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
I found a few italians with the name Firman on this site. Don't know if it helps.
http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... r=540&k=FF
http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... r=540&k=FF
-
Celtiberian
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 00:49
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
Oh, alright, sounds sensible... I was afriaid of something based on a "per hour" labour cost, which quickly gives values approaching a normal wage. While 15€ is not exactly cheap, it's affordable.PeterTimber wrote:It used to be suggested by the mormon people some years ago that a donation of(US) $15.00 to a parish priest for document extract was the norm but of late the more accepted figure is about 15Euro. =Peter=
It most certainly does, thanks a lot for pursuing this issue! That could be it, I mean, "Firman" is very close to "Firmen". I can perfectly can myself writing the latter.misbris wrote: I found a few italians with the name Firman on this site. Don't know if it helps.
Thanks a lot for your help, highly appreciated.
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
I think they could be referring to the town of San Gerardo Maiella's birth, which is Muro Lucano Potenza. Films for this town are available from the LDS. Also check out this web site http://murolucano.webs.com
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
Aha I thought there was a reference to the Roman Army. The X legion occupied England and Hadrians wall and after the 100 + years were by that time all local english inhabitants. When the 10th legion was summoned back to Rome for service in fighting the Jewish rebellion those discharged for age and wounds were sent to the the newly opened region of ABRUZZO (Roman GI Bill as it were) for settlement which is why to this day there are many light skinned, blondes and red haired abruzzese moreso than in the surrounding regions. =
Thanks for the chat.=Peter=
Thanks for the chat.=Peter=
~Peter~