Brugioni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cornmom10

Brugioni

Post by cornmom10 »

I am new to this forum and to Italian Genealogy. I am doing some research for a friend. We know his father was Alberto Brugioni born 1907, grandfather was Antonio born 1866, great grandfather was Giovanni born 1830, great-great was Giuseppe born abt 1800. We know wives and many children. Alberto's wife was Norina Amidei born 1912. We need more info on Norina's family and would like to receive exact dates for Giuseppe and go back farther with the family lines. They were all born in Fiumalbo, Modena, Italy. My friend is afraid all the records may have burned in a San Bartolomeo church fire. I would love to hear from anyone who has more information. Thanks!
vj
Master
Master

Re: Brugioni

Post by vj »

Hello!
You can review the family's civil records from 1806 to 1929 on microfilm.
Valarie

Your nearest Family History Center has records for Fiumalbo on microfilm.
The cost is about $6 mo (rent), you’ll need to go to the center to order & view them.

Family History Library Catalog:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp

Film notes for Fiumalbo:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... i+Fiumalbo+ &columns=*,0,0

Topic:
Italy, Modena, Fiumalbo - Civil registration
Titles:
Registri dello stato civile di Fiumalbo (Modena), 1806-1929 Fiumalbo (Modena).
Ufficio dello stato civile

---

In case you aren’t familiar with the Family History Center & Italian records

FamilySearch Home Page
Includes how to find your nearest local Family History Center

A helpful essay written by Trish, one of our forum members:
Steps for Finding Microfilm at the Family History Center
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Do you have Antonio's ship's manifest? If not I'll post it for you. It says Antonio was going to a cousin Amidei. The families were probably related. Do you know Norina's father's name?

The Family History Center has civil records for Fiumalbo. You might want to order these.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
cornmom10

Post by cornmom10 »

Thank you, Valarie! I know right where my local Family History Center is. I'll head on over ASAP with my Italian friend since it looks like even the record to the microfilm is in Italian! :) Time to learn a new language...
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

I'm so glad we could help :D !
Italian records are terrific - they're very complete and all kept in the comune where the 'acts' took place.
Valarie

(Hi mj!)
cornmom10

Post by cornmom10 »

Hi, misbris, I never expected such a quick response. Thank you!

I don't have Antonio's ship's manifest. I do have Alberto's though. My friend was with his family when they came over in 1950. So please do send it. Do you mind filling me in on where you found it? Thanks so much!

Norina's parents were Bartolomeo and Palma (sp?). I don't know much more about Norina except that she was called Nora when she got to America.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it and so does my friend.
meezerlap

Post by meezerlap »

Hi cornmom, I've been researching the Amidei name in Fiumalbo, Italy and found that there was a lot of marriage between Amidei and Brugioni.

There are a lot of records from Fiumalbo online through the antenati website. They have 1806-1812 and 1852-1929. I have some Brugioni information through Amidei marriages, but not a consistent tree.

I have a Giuseppe Brugioni born about 1780 married to Marianna Colo. Their daughter Maria Caterina Brugioni 1801-Jan 14, 1867 married Sante Amidei 1797-Aug 12, 1879. They married on Aug 12, 1879. All events in Fiumalbo.

I have another Giuseppe Brugioni born around 1800 married to Francesca Zanotti. Their daughter Maria Luigia Brugioni 1830-Feb 23, 1868 married Domenico Amidei Jul 12, 1828-May 30-1899. They married on Aug 14, 1859. All events in Fiumalbo.