Facebook

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Facebook

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I was just wondering if this group was on Facebook. It would be great to see everybody who helps each other out :)

Alicia
gloegrl1

Re: Facebook

Post by gloegrl1 »

I think that's a wonderful idea. I have 2 facebook friends I meant searching for ancestors on other sites and unknown distant cousin who was searching for the same ancestor. They've all turned out to be great facebook friends as well!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

There are a number of us on FaceBook, a great way to expand on the friendships made here at the forum, added bonus, a great way to connect with family in Italy!!

My only concern would be that it's done on a personal level, and not that of ItalianGenealogy as a group. After all... defeats our purpose here at IG!
Edmondo has provided a wonderful venue to help research one's genealogy, and the off topic section of the forum was created so we could chat about things other than research. I don't think he would want us to copy his name or forum!! :wink:
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Oh I understand. I actually just signed up for Facebook for genealogy reasons, so Im not to sure what Im doing :) I like it this way, here. I was just checking more out of curiosity to make sure I wasnt missing out on some added benefits of this website.

Alicia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Took me awhile to get the hang of FB, but I like it. Similar to myspace, but more interactive. I originally signed up with the intention of networking the family genealogy, but as it happens, it's been a great way to keep in touch with friends. Finding family connections is as easy as entering one's surname, place, and sending out a message.....now if only I can expand on my Italian language skills... :oops: My family in Italy knows little English, and I know only simple words in Italian.....no way can I string together a sentence!!
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Ive never done my space either. I tend to be a private person and both of them just seem to be too much for me. I dont like broadcasting myself out there like that. But after several people I know suggested I do it for genealogy I figured, I might as well try. Like you, I cant speak Italian (Im working on it) but thats a road block right now for me too.

Alicia
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

delete
figlia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figlia »

^^^ congrats on your new baby! Face book isn't for everyone, I know I won't dabble in it.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Im not really into it either. Its solely to have my name and family tree out there if someone should want to contact me with information or relation. But as far as socializing, photos, videos and all that...thats not me. I have no desire to have everything I do out there on the internet. I feel if I want to talk to someone a phone or email will work fine. I even state on my page Im there for genealogy reasons only. Its a very lame page :)

Alicia
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

figlia wrote:^^^ congrats on your new baby!
Thanks figlia! I missed that part when I replied. Shes my new addition. I have 4 daughters! My husband loves it. Hes the king of the castle with no male competition but the dogs :)

Alicia