ANCESTRY.CO.UK HAS GONE WEIRD ON ME

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

ANCESTRY.CO.UK HAS GONE WEIRD ON ME

Post by carolinechurch »

Is anyone else having trouble with ancestry today?

I subscribe to ancestry.co.uk
For some reason last night and today it will only open as ancestry.com.au
I have tried typing in the web address instead of using my bookmark, but nothing works - it flips back to the Australian version every time.
It's driving me crazy, and any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated, or I'll have to go and actually do some work!
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.
vj
Master
Master

Re: ANCESTRY.CO.UK HAS GONE WEIRD ON ME

Post by vj »

This link works for me
(I used google to get there)
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/

I've found that sometimes my bookmarks need to be redone
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carolinechurch »

No, I think I'm going mad. I have tried all 3 completely independent computers in the house now, and they all do it.

AHA, problem solved. I have just discovered a tiny tab at the bottom right corner of the page, and hey presto, you can flip between countries!
For goodness, sake, I've never noticed it before, after all these years...
:?

BUT DON'T DO WHAT I'VE JUST DONE AND GO INTO THE JAPANESE VERSION FOR A BIT OF A NOSEY, 'COS YOU CAN'T RECOGNISE THE SYMBOLS TO GET OUT AGAIN!!!
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I find that Woirldvitalrecords.com is also a very helpful website and does name checks.ates and some biography free of charge. =Peter=
~Peter~