Looking for Miceli family.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
donbay35

Looking for Miceli family.

Post by donbay35 »

My grandfather Simone Miceli immigrated to the United States in 1903. His father's name was Francesco Miceli and his mother's name was Francisca. His home before immigrating was Marsala. He was born 11 May 1880. His brother was Antonio Miceli who was born 1 December 1892 and immigrated to the USA in 1909. Information regarding this family would be much appreciated.
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for Miceli family.

Post by raymo »

Some websites that can help you in your search:

Familysearch.org - genealogical info on your surname & possible links. Also has SocSec info on individuals.

ellisisland.org - immigrant entry information into the US

paginebianche.it - Italian White Pages. You can search for other Micelis who presently live in Marsala, that may be related to you & your ancestors.

I can't remember the name of the site, I'm sure someone else here will post it, but there is one that lists the "comuni" in Italy, which is where Italian vital records for each town are kept. This is a great source of info on your family's history & ancestry.

GOOD LUCK!
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Miceli family.

Post by ptimber »

it is UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE, Comune di Marsala, Postale 91025, Provincia di Trapani, Sicily. Documents dating back to 1820 to 1910 can be found on micorfilm at the Mormon church Family History Library nearest your home for a nominal fee. if you wish to write directly for specifi documents in marsala then go to www. Circolocalabrese.org for form letters in Italian. Peter