Italy Parish locator

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
trevisan2
Master
Master

Italy Parish locator

Post by trevisan2 »

www.parrocchie.it

This is a great site for locating parishes in Italy. Just type in the town name is the Citta field, and the parish address and phone number will appear. You can write the priest and request that he look up names and dates of the perple you are researching. It is advisable to get results to send the parish a small offering, this will almost guarantee a response.
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Italy Parish locator

Post by wldspirit »

just located the parish in talamello, thanks for sharing this site!! do you have any tips on locating the office of records?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
this is the address of Talamello Civil records

Comune Di Talamello
Via A. Saffi, 34
61015 Talamello (PU)
Italy

e-mail: comune.talamello@provincia.ps.it

I hope it helps, bye ricbru
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

thank you so much!! all the help i have recieved from this site has been wonderful, i truly appreciate everyone's efforts!! :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

When writing for documents it is preferable if you write in Italian and if you go to www.circolocalabrese.org for appropriate form letters you can send to the uffico di stato Civile,however, there does not appear to bne any records available on micorfilm at the Family History Libraray for Talamello signifying that these records may not exist so if you send and e-mail to the Comune, please ask them if they are avialble. When writing to the parish, ascertain if a resident priest is in the town and then ask him to advise you if he can research for you or is it necessary to hire a local (his nephew?) to do the research for you. the Mormon church suggests $15.00 donation since the churches are not overjoyed at receiving requests since there records are nnot readuily available or i ndexed. Peter
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

I have found that most parish priests are too busy to research anything.
If you can make it very easy for them, by having a reference person to start from, name and birth date of the ancestor, you can get them to look something up.

I would suggest a professional researcher named Joel Cole Italroots.it to do indebth research. I Work with him currently, with great results.
thanks
Trevisan2
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

That costs big bucks doesn't it?? Peter
Woodworth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Woodworth »

Hi Peter,

Isn't it the only way to get some fast results, or is there another way when you haven’t got much to go on.

Perhaps it would be a good thing to have a network of people in each area who would do a specific search for a fixed reasonable fee whether or not it brought results.

The situation I am in, I would welcome the opportunity to have someone do a specific search.

Just an Idea.

George
My grandfather Girolomo ( giorolomo) Gentili came form Italy about 1875. He lived in Yorkshire, Chester and Shropshire and then returned back to Chester where he died in 1929. I need help to find his Italian birth place.