Genealogists in NJ?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Genealogists in NJ?

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Ive contacted 4 different genealogists so far to help with finding NJ documents for citizenship. They either out right ignore me or are not taking any clients. I never thought it would be this difficult to find someone. Anyone have any luck in this department?

Alicia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Genealogists in NJ?

Post by wldspirit »

Did you try Trish? I think she goes to New Jersey on occasion?? Send Vj a message, she should be able to provide more detail.
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
MauroMags
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MauroMags »

You may not need to hire anyone...

Are you looking for naturalization papers?

What town/county are you researching in?
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Im trying to hire one but nobody is responsive. I have just about everything but I hit a few brick walls with some things and I cant get to archives. So what Im asking for is simple but Im not getting anywhere

Alicia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

We don't generally recommend professional genealogist at the site, however, Trish is a long standing member and I do know she covers Southern New Jersey as listed in her specialty services. Her site and contact information:

http://www.wheretheacornfell.com/services.html

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

I suggested Trish to Alicia last in an earlier post. Perhaps she is to busy. I know she has posted about research in Phil and NJ archives in Trenton.

Debbie
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Yes she is too busy. So I started looking for people recommended to me through archives and either they moved or they aren't taking clients.

Alicia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hmmm....maybe Trish could recommend someone??
Lee

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Im not sure. I cant even get a response from her. Oh well, if there is one thing this forum taught me, is that we can do most of the research ourselves. Its takes more time and energy but we can do it . Ive gotten a boat load of documents all on my own from here in America and Italy, so Ill keep truckin along :)

Alicia
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hi, I'll send Trish an email.
You're right, she is pretty busy just now.
Valarie
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Thanks VJ but you dont have too. I sent several already and she has all my info. I think I have to just keep looking around. I appreciate your help though :)

Alicia
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi Everyone,

I have been in touch with Alicia. I have looked over her information. I did get back to Alicia with advice on how to get information. Plus Alicia did find more information as we were corresponding which I am very happy for her. Beniamino Passaro is from the town of Vallo Della Lucania, Italy and she received the Birth Act from Italy herself.

I also suggested that Alicia, you should send away for the birth record for Mary Paonessa yourself. Here is the form that you can use to send for the birth record.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/records/html/vi ... irth.shtml

By right, birth records and death records should be sent by the person making the request, not a third party person. The reason is that you are supposed to verify how you are related as well as send a copy of your driver's license. Each State's Laws are different when it comes to how to obtaining these records.

Alicia, I do apologize for not suggesting for me to go to the NJ State Archives for you. I did explain that my father I had surgery in March and he is to go back again come the end of April. And I just sent you an email explaining what I can do for you about the marriage records.

And a note to everyone...... Hi everyone, Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Thank you all for recommending me and for the kind words.

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Hello Trish. I just sent you an email with another question I have. Also thanks for the link for the form I need for NYC records :)

Alicia
aliza24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aliza24 »

If you still have trouble getting someone Ancestry.com has a new feature where you can "hire an expert". Just click on the button up top. You can post a project and what your budget is.

Experts in this area will bid on the project. You can check out their profiles and their proposals and choose the one you feel is best suited for the job.