Hi all,
I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a translation of a letter I recieved via email from the Archivo di Stato di Agrigento.
The email said:
Si trasmette la nota relativa all'oggetto
with the following letter attached:
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab28 ... 290310.jpg
I am assuming they are suggesting that I contact the local comune for the relevant documents.
Could someone please have a look at it for me.
Josie
Military Document Reply - help with tranlation please
Military Document Reply - help with tranlation please
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Military Document Reply - help with tranlation please
They are suggesting to contact the Archivio di Stato or the Distretto Militare of Reggio Calabria
Re: Military Document Reply - help with tranlation please
I have sent a request letter for birth and marriage documents to Ufficio Statto Civile Comune di Sinopoli, and have also requested military documents from them if they have them. Does anyone have an address or email for the Archivio di Stato or the Distretto Militare of Reggio Calabria? I am having trouble locating one.
Josie
Josie
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.
Re: Military Document Reply - help with tranlation please
I just realised that I sent the email to someone in Sicily I think.
That would explain.
I've just sent it to Archivo Di Stato Reggio Calabria
as-rc@beniculturali.it
Hopefully I have the right region now :}
Is it worth sending a letter requesting birth and marriage certificates from Sinopoli to Archivo Di Stato Reggio Calabria or will I have better luck from the Ufficio di Statto Civile Commune di Sinopoli (which is who I sent the letter to). The records I am requesting are dated from 1920 to 1945.
Josie
That would explain.
I've just sent it to Archivo Di Stato Reggio Calabria
as-rc@beniculturali.it
Hopefully I have the right region now :}
Is it worth sending a letter requesting birth and marriage certificates from Sinopoli to Archivo Di Stato Reggio Calabria or will I have better luck from the Ufficio di Statto Civile Commune di Sinopoli (which is who I sent the letter to). The records I am requesting are dated from 1920 to 1945.
Josie
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Military Document Reply - help with tranlation please
Generally speaking, birth, marriage, and death records should be obtained from the Ufficio dello Stato Civile of the comune where the event took place.
Military records are held by and obtained from the Archivio di Stato of the province which includes the birth comune.
Military records are held by and obtained from the Archivio di Stato of the province which includes the birth comune.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Military Document Reply - help with tranlation please
Thankyou. I will patiently wait and see if I have any luck.
Josie
Josie
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.
