need copy of Byrne obits

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
oilman19
Master
Master

need copy of Byrne obits

Post by oilman19 »

I don't know if this info is available. I don't have Ancestry.com. I am looking for 2 obits from California.
Howard Thomas Byrne b. 29 Oct 1927 d. 13 Feb 2010
Gloria Carmel (Beno) Byrne b. 12 Jul 1928 d. 13 Nov 2008
Any help would be appreciated.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: need copy of Byrne obits

Post by PeterTimber »

~Peter~
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

No success. I've tried all of the search engines I could find. I would really like to see the actual obits if possible.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Jim, do you know the city where the deaths occured? Looks like maybe Long Beach, CA?

If so, check online newspapers for that city and/or contact the research desk at the nearest public library. The library option would probably be free; newspapers typically charge $5 or so for an obit which is more than a few weeks old.

I checked the Long Beach Press-Telegram index and came up empty on both names. Not sure what that means...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Yes, it was Long Beach. I checked the P.T. also but no record. It is possible there was no obit but that is unusual. I was hoping someone would be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat before Easter. LOL.
Based upon my searching, I found no evidence of an obit for either person. I was hoping there would be one.

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

I also checked Ancestry . com, by the way.

It does seem a bit odd, especially since these are so recent.

The public libary is at http://www.lbpl.org/contact/default.asp and they have this cool feature called AskNow. It says, "Ask reference questions via online chat. The AskNow service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."

Hey, 24x7? Give it a shot and let us know what they say.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

They provide links that are temporarily unavailable. and then tell you to send $15. per request. Not a successful venture. I tried.
I had also been trying to find Howard's parentage in Brooklyn, NY to no avail. I have not found any way to find that record online either.
I started the thread because you and the other posters frequently have resources I have never seen. I was just hoping for the best. I spend so much money on films at LDS, I was trying to reduce my expenses.
Thank you for your help.

Jim
Jim

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Well, it's a tough one. From Ancestry . com:

Name: Howard Thomas Byrne
SSN: 107-20-7051
Last Residence: 90808 Long Beach, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Born: 29 Oct 1927
Died: 13 Feb 2010
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before

Name: Gloria Carmel Byrne
SSN: 072-22-9349
Last Residence: 90808 Long Beach, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Born: 12 Jul 1928
Last Benefit: 90808 Long Beach, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Died: 13 Nov 2008
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951)

That information and $16 (each) will get you a "Computer Extract of Social Security Card Application" (or, for $27, a photocopy of the actual application). The records should include the place of birth as well as parent's names. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/foia/html/foia_guide.htm
Carmine

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you, Carmine.

Jim
Jim