Capaldi, Tedesco, Cassino, Bristol, Liverpool, Dublin

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Capaldi, Tedesco, Cassino, Bristol, Liverpool, Dublin

Post by jamiecapaldi »

I am interested to share all my information and receive all information with anyone who has connections, or who is interested in the above names and places. I am still investigating on the Liverpool side?
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Capaldi, Tedesco, Cassino, Bristol, Liverpool, Dublin

Post by carolinechurch »

Hi Jamie, I just happened to be floating around in some Dublin records just now, so had a quick look for Capaldi, with no luck.
I'm assuming you have these sites already, but here they are for anyone else who hasn't found them yet.
Nothing in Dublin church records
http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie
and nothing in the 1911 census
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie

The new listing 'England alien arrivals 1826-69' on ancestry did have one for Giuseppe Capaldi into Folkestone in 1847...
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hi, It is in the cencus but spelt 'capoldi'.
Thanks for looking!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Felitti-Trimarco »

I have Tedesco relatives from New York city, I believe they originated from Potenza. Any connection?
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Not Potenza unfortunately. Our Tedesco's were from the Frosinone area around Cassino.
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Caroline, at a guess, looking quickly at some records, i would say majority of the Caccia family were from Northern Italy, around Milan & Bologna. There was even a Doctor called Antonio Caccia who was from Switzerland which is just above north Italy.
What do you think?
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Caroline, at a guess, looking quickly at some records, i would say majority of the Caccia family were from Northern Italy, around Milan & Bologna. There was even a Doctor called Antonio Caccia who was from Switzerland which is just above north Italy.
What do you think?
anton57

Post by anton57 »

jamiecapaldi wrote:I am interested to share all my information and receive all information with anyone who has connections, or who is interested in the above names and places. I am still investigating on the Liverpool side?
Anton BRISTOL AREA - My grandfather was Orazio Capaldi from Cassino via-France, Irland, liverpool, Bristol. wife Maria- sons, Larenzo,(Larry) no ofspring, Anthony,(Pud Tony) no ofspring,- Daniel, (Danny). 3 sons-- Dauhters Luchia,(Lucy), Maria (Marry), Josephina,(jos'e), Grace, and Winifred(my mother).
3 male (capaldi) ofspring plus many female ofspring (not Capaldi by name) most now spread across the UK and globe.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello Anton,

Looks like we share the same ancestors. Orazio was my Great Grandfathers brother. Here is the details i got of his family so far!

ORAZIO LAWRENCE CAPALDI

27 Nov 1881
Italy
1973 Bristol, England, United Kingdom

Wife
MARIA GRAZIA INNELLI
28th September 1896
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

CHILDREN

Minica M N Capaldi
Daughter

Lucy Capaldi
Daughter
Dublin, Ireland

Josephine A Capaldi
Daughter

Antonio L Capaldi
Son

Antonio F Capaldi
Son
Bristol, England, United Kingdom

Dante M Capaldi
Son

Grace L Capaldi
Daughter

Winifred Capaldi
Daughter

I didnt know they lived in France? Can you tell me anymore info and stuff please Anton?

Jamie
lisacap

Post by lisacap »

Hi Anton

(It's Lisa here in Australia!). I have been tracing family on these boards for a while. I have some of the census records which I could email you.

Jamie, I received an email from you and have written back but not heard from you further. I am currently looking into the Macari connection.

My Great Grandfather is Orazio Capaldi, it sounds like you have alot of information too. Would love to chat more.

Lisa
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello, Sorry i haven't replied.
I have got quite far in my search, just not managed to get any proof of where Giuseppe and Maria were from? (cassino or somewhere in Frosinone? Maybe Picinisco........as theres a close match with Stuart Capaldi's ancestors).
At the moment i am in the process of Orazio's brother; Alessandro (alex). I am trying to find out if and who he married, and if there were children.
Regarding the Macari's, Michelina Capaldi married Antonio Macari, born in Liverpool, 1895 Died in London, 1966.
Children were;
Giovanni Macari 1921 – 1922
Lorenzo Macari 1922
Rosalina Macari 1923
Giuseppe Macari 1925

If you have access to ancestry.com, goto family trees and mine is called 'possible? Bristol Italian Capaldi Family Tree'
Its my Family Tree of our first Capaldi's in UK (100% is only up to Giuseppe and Maria and also Giuseppe's brother Giovanni and Pasquarosa. Everything past that is not 100%, just waiting for birth registrations in Cassino around 1857-1864 to come thru on LDS Film!

Would really like to see the records you have if ok?

Jamie
anton57

Post by anton57 »

lisacap wrote:Hi Anton

(It's Lisa here in Australia!). I have been tracing family on these boards for a while. I have some of the census records which I could email you.

Jamie, I received an email from you and have written back but not heard from you further. I am currently looking into the Macari connection.

My Great Grandfather is Orazio Capaldi, it sounds like you have alot of information too. Would love to chat more.

Lisa
Hi Lisa, hope you and yours( mum and dad) are well,
yes please, i would love to see what you have on the Caps. Harriet has been trying to produce a Hard copy from info given from Gray and Win.
Love to all Anton
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Can you provide any info on Orazio in France please?
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

I would really like to know the information on there travel to France Please?