Ghione/Roggero couple from Cassine (AL)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vintagegamer
Veteran
Veteran

Ghione/Roggero couple from Cassine (AL)

Post by vintagegamer »

My grandmother's family are Ghiones- they knew a couple whose last name was the Roggero's, but the wife of the couple was Maria Caterina (Ghione) Roggero. She and her husband were married in Cassine before they came to the States, and they were married on 2/4/1911 in Cassine.

Maria Caterina was born July 6, 1886.

I'm trying to find out:

1. how they are related to my Grandmother's family (mainly the name of Maria Caterina's parents)
2. if they have any family still in Cassine today

Dominico Roggero lived at 56 Via Verzenasco, Cassine (AL) from the time he was born until coming to the US in 1910- as of 1982, his nephew, Andrea Roggero, still lived at that address.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Jim
vintagegamer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ghione/Roggero couple from Cassine (AL)

Post by vintagegamer »

PS I have a doc showing some of the Roggero family tree lineage if anyone is interested in seeing it. My Great Uncle Paul Ghione was working on genealogy himself. The doc I have is one he was working on as of 1982 and I have updated a bit.

Thanks again!
loves2laugh

Post by loves2laugh »

hi i noticed your post, i might know your family. My moms surname is Roggero, and we've been trying to find out more about our ancestors. We are especially trying to find out more about this man in a picture, he was the captain of the guard of italy. we don't know his first name, so we've been trying to find relatives
loves2laugh

Post by loves2laugh »

and i would love to see that document to see if we share any relatives
vintagegamer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vintagegamer »

Thanks L2L,

Where is your family based out of? Are you within Delaware or Pennsylvania?
Webmaster
'Run Squirrel Run!' Italian Heritage Site
www.giusvalla.blogspot.com
roadwarrioralex

Post by roadwarrioralex »

My all-the-way maternal great-grandmother was a Roggero. She was supposedly from La Morra, Italy. She met my great-grandmother, Enrico Barberis in Marseilles before coming to the US. Supposedly, they were both from La Morra. It is not far from Cassine. Their marriage certificate is attached. Do any of my great-grandparents or great-great-grandparents match people on your docuements. Were they attached? I did not see them since I am new to this web-site and genealogy research.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

roadwarrioralex wrote:My all-the-way maternal great-grandmother was a Roggero. She was supposedly from La Morra, Italy. She met my great-grandmother, Enrico Barberis in Marseilles before coming to the US. Supposedly, they were both from La Morra. It is not far from Cassine. Their marriage certificate is attached. Do any of my great-grandparents or great-great-grandparents match people on your docuements. Were they attached? I did not see them since I am new to this web-site and genealogy research.
Welcome to the Forum!
We would be happy to help you search.
Perhaps if you would start a new topic it would help to keep your family seaparate.
('new topic' button is just below this post on the left)
Thank you!
Valarie