SO IVE HIT THE WALL ON THESE SURNAMES ... ANY HELP =)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
moondog19

SO IVE HIT THE WALL ON THESE SURNAMES ... ANY HELP =)

Post by moondog19 »

APICELLA OF MAIORI IN CAMPANIA REGION

PICCOLO OF CASERTA IN CAMPANIA REGION < ALSO ANYONE WITH ANY INFO ON BRIAN PICCOLO FAMILY TREE AS I KNOW I AM RELATED TO HIM >

LEVERONI OF ROVEGNO IN GENOA REGION

RETTAGLIATA/RETAGLITTA/RETALIATA OF ROVEGNO IN GENO REGION

PRASSEDE PENZA/PENSA NOT SURE

CASTIGLIA OF ALCOMA SICILY

MILIOTO/MILIOTTO/MILIOTTE OF SANTO STEFANO/ALLESANDRA DELLA ROCCA SICILY

BUSCIGLIO OF SANTO STEFANO AREA SICILY
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Re: SO IVE HIT THE WALL ON THESE SURNAMES ... ANY HELP =)

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Have you requested birth certificates from Italy on these people? They have the names of the parents listed .Then you can request the certificates of those new names and keep doing that until you keep compiling new direct descendants.

Alicia
moondog19

Post by moondog19 »

No I haven't how would I go about that I have just started doing this and don't know much lol I have so many documents with different names different spellings and I'm not even sure of certain towns. I think I've found all that I have with the documents I have in my possesion I also noticed your in nj so am I =) thanks for your help =)
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Well first start by finding the documents that have exactly where they are from. You would contact the comune in Italy with their name, and date of birth and see if they have any documentation. Always start with the person you know the most about.

Post those peoples names and the town they are from here and we can find an address for you in Italy to send a request to as well as the form that you can use that is written in Italian :)

Alicia
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Before you write to Italy for birth certificates, you need to know the correct comune of birth and a good idea of the birth year. The best was to find this out is through ship's manifests, census, and naturalization, and draft documents.

I know in another post you were looking for Milioto. Did you find ship's manifest for him?