Looking for LaTonas from Valledolmo, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
slatona19

Looking for LaTonas from Valledolmo, Sicily

Post by slatona19 »

I'm looking for information on my family from Valledolmo, Sicily. My Great Grandfather was Rosolino LaTona (b 1860, d 1916). He immigrated to Fredonia, NY in 1885. He was married Maria Concetta LaMantia.

I know that he had 8 siblings (Santina, Philip, Peter, Lucia, Dante, Remo, Edward, Ferdinand) and I believe that his parent's names were Filippo (or Phillip) Guiseppe LaTona (b about 1840) and Lucia Granata (b 1841). That is as much as I know...if anyone has any further information, I would be very interested in hearing it!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Looking for LaTonas from Valledolmo, Sicily

Post by wldspirit »

Microfilmed records are available going back to 1820:

Microfilm

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
kathym

Post by kathym »

My grandfather was Giuseppe Filippo(Joseph Phillip) LaTona from Valledolmo, he immigrated to Fredonia. His father was Filippo Giuseppe Latona, his mother Lucia Granata. He had 8 brothers,I only know the names of 4 - Phillip, Russell, Ferdinand and Horace. I haven't been able to go back beyond Giuseppe and Lucia.
Herk58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Herk58 »

Hi.. My great-grandmother was Pauline Latona. She was married to Giuseppe Riscili from Vicari Sicily. They moved to Westfield, NY.

I'm wondering if you might have come across her in your family research seeing as how your family was from nearby Fredonia.

Just hoping for a clue.

Thanks.. Tom