Cinaglia in Appignano del Tronto, Marche, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Cinaglia

Cinaglia in Appignano del Tronto, Marche, Italy

Post by Cinaglia »

Hi All,
I am trying to find some information about my family surname Cinaglia, that came from Appignano. My grandfather was Attilio who left Italy for Australia in the mid 1920s and married my grandmother (also Italian nee Megna from Lipari) here in Australia.

He had two brothers, Shipione (probably incorrectly spelt) and Francesco, his fathers name was Emidio (also seen it spelt Amedio) and his mothers Maria Travaglini (also seen it spelt Travellini). Emidio was a farmer and he was still living in 1953 when my Grandfather went back to Italy.

Can anyone assist me, or suggest where is a good place to start looking for information in Italy - would I be able to obtain a copy of his birth certificate?

Thanks in advance
Squigy
Master
Master

Re: Cinaglia in Appignano del Tronto, Marche, Italy

Post by Squigy »

Cinaglia,

You can send an email requesting a birth record with this link:

http://www.comune.appignano.mc.it/?page_id=11

You can also mail your request to this address:

Piazza Umberto I, 17
62010 Appignano Macerata, Italy
0733 57521

Do you speak/write Italian? If not you can use this forum letter:

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Hope this helps!!
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
Cinaglia

Post by Cinaglia »

Thank you very much for your help I wasn't sure how or if I could apply.

I can not speak or write in Italian but have other family members that can. I am interested to trace my Grandfather as I never met him and hope to learn more about him.

Many thanks.
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

Cinaglia wrote:Thank you very much for your help I wasn't sure how or if I could apply.

I can not speak or write in Italian but have other family members that can. I am interested to trace my Grandfather as I never met him and hope to learn more about him.

Many thanks.
Good luck!
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Have you checked this for possible relatives?

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... ronto&ind=
Cinaglia

Post by Cinaglia »

Thank you, I had attempted it, but did not get that result, I must have made an incorrect selection.

In your experience what would be the best way to contact a possible relative identified in this manner?

Thanks for your assistance.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Since there are only 4 possibilities, I would send a letter. Here is a sample form letter in Italian.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
Cinaglia

Post by Cinaglia »

Thank you, I shall do that.
TomG2

Post by TomG2 »

Cinaglia,
I am related to you by marriage. Clara (Clelia) is my wife's Aunt. I am unable to shed any light on your Cinaglia heritage, but can you assist me with the Megna ancestry? I would greatly appreciate it if you could.

Regards,
Tom
Cinaglia

Post by Cinaglia »

Hi Tom,
I have only just started searching the Megna line, I have Clelia's Grandparents names and not much else pre Australia but I am more than happy to go through what I do have with you. Maybe a combined effort will be more fruitful.

If you care to pvt message me we can go through it.

Regards
K Cinaglia
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Post by Marcas »

Cinaglia wrote: Can anyone assist me, or suggest where is a good place to start looking for information in Italy - would I be able to obtain a copy of his birth certificate?
Sure, but you need to approximate the birth date to even start. E.g. if he travelled alone in the '20, should be over minimal age (18)...
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...
Cinaglia

Post by Cinaglia »

Thanks for your reply Marcas.

I know my grandfathers birth date (15 October 1906 in Appignano) and used that information to make a request for his birth records in Italy but never received a reply.

I have also looked online at the recent records made available for Ascoli and can't locate my grandfather or his parents. Its possible Appignano is vague but that's what is recorded on all his documents (I have his marriage, death, passport and naturalisation papers plus arrival details in Australia).
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Post by Marcas »

That's right, because the rolls of Appignano del Tronto aren't online (yet). You should insist with emails and letters. Give them 1 year from last try, if no answer came , repeat the mailings adding every name,date,data you uncovered to date.

To tackle the chance your ancestor was born near Appignano but out-jurisdiction-of-Appignano,
here's the list of neighbours cities. the list covers 15 miles from the point of Appignano city.
[*]Ascoli Piceno (city)
[*]Castel di Lama
[*]Castignano
[*]Castorano
[*]Offida
Any familiarity? you heard about one? some relative was speaking about it? You may inquiry that city (or all).
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...
Cinaglia

Post by Cinaglia »

Thanks, I spoke with my Aunt who visited the family farm on her visit in the 1960s and she remembered Castel di Lama. I will write to them next then continue down the list if I don't receive a reply.