Vital Records for Lipari, Salina, and Giano Vetusto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
zona1
Rookie
Rookie

Vital Records for Lipari, Salina, and Giano Vetusto

Post by zona1 »

Through my own family research, I have accumulated indexes for and have access to vital records for these communities from in some cases the early 1800s into the 1900s. Among the common surnames I see frequently in indexes are:

for LIPARI: Natoli, Biviano, Russo, Cincotta, Famulario, Paino, Basile, Cappadona, Giuffre, Sidoti, Picone, Mirabito and others

for SALINA: Taranto, Rando,Cafarella, Virgona, Cesario, Saltamacchia, Favolaro, Beninati, Cincotta, Cusolito, and others

for GIANO VETUSTO: Mercone, Feola, Zona, Bonacci, Cammuso, Simone and others

If these are families you are researching, I may have documents for you. Please contact me with specifics of names and dates and I'll look.
Tashy

Re: Vital Records for Lipari, Salina, and Giano Vetusto

Post by Tashy »

zona1 wrote:Through my own family research, I have accumulated indexes for and have access to vital records for these communities from in some cases the early 1800s into the 1900s. Among the common surnames I see frequently in indexes are:

for LIPARI: Natoli, Biviano, Russo, Cincotta, Famulario, Paino, Basile, Cappadona, Giuffre, Sidoti, Picone, Mirabito and others

for SALINA: Taranto, Rando,Cafarella, Virgona, Cesario, Saltamacchia, Favolaro, Beninati, Cincotta, Cusolito, and others

If these are families you are researching, I may have documents for you. Please contact me with specifics of names and dates and I'll look.
Hi zona1, I am a Taranto and I am searching family originally from Salina. Would love to see any info you have. I have just started searching and unaware of how to start. Thank you
Tashy
magpies

Post by magpies »

Hi zona1.
I am a Mirabito and would be interested to see what information you have on Cincotta, Basile, Cappadona, Picone and Mirabito from Lipari as they are all names that I have in my family tree.
AliceV

Post by AliceV »

zona1 wrote:Through my own family research, I have accumulated indexes for and have access to vital records for these communities from in some cases the early 1800s into the 1900s. Among the common surnames I see frequently in indexes are:

I have been searching for a ZONA family. Giuseppe was born around 1835 and his mother's name was Maria Zona. Giuseppe ended up in Charleston, SC. He received a letter from his mother in 1870 postmarked in Trieste. Any ideas??
werwulf

Post by werwulf »

Hello, I am very interested in the Salina records for the names TRAVAGLIA and CUSOLITO (great great great grandfather Vincenzo Travaglia/Travagleia married Concetta Giseppa CUSOLITO about 1825.
My great grandfather Serafino emigrated to Australia in 1900.
kind regards,
Josh Travaglia
bonniebon

Post by bonniebon »

I am looking for a birth certificate for Angelo Natoli, b 16 Dec 1882 in Malfa, Sicily. Not sure if this is part of your jurisdiction.

bonniebon
My Italian research is focused on Sicily, and the Aolian Islands.
anerio

Post by anerio »

I am looking for information on my family names that include, Cafarella, cincotta, Benenati, Vasquez and a number of others. I have blogs on the subject and would love to have you contact me. anerio@yahoo.com
GMK

Post by GMK »

Hi Zona1,

I'm looking for more information on the Re family from Salina and possibly Stromboli which has also been mentioned. In particular, I'm looking for more information on a Giuseppe Re who left Salina abt 1892. Giuseppe may have had a brother called Luigi and a sister-in-law called Angelina. Many thanks for your help. G
SanVincenzo

Post by SanVincenzo »

I've been working on some genealogy which has taken me back to Lipari from Stromboli. There are two relationhips that I am currently researching.
1) Guiseppe Natoli b abt. 1809 in Lipari married to Rosa Berenati (or perhaps Berinati) b. 4 May 1826 (daughter of Vincenzo Berenati and Marguerita Piluso.
2) Giuseppe Trip b 1818-1824 Lipari (sone of Gatano Tripi and Maria Cincotta) married to Providenza Tesoriero b 1818-1819 Stromboli (daughter of Vincenzo Tesoriero and Maria Tesoriero).
I would appreciate any help you could provide. I do have some information on the decendants of these individuals if that would help you.
PhilEvans

Post by PhilEvans »

Hi,

Could you take a look at your records for a Guiseppe (or Giuseppe) Cincotta who was born about 1859 in Caneto, Lipari?

His father was most likely also a Guiseppe and mother named Felicia. He came to Australia, and was married here to a Vittoria Del Lungo from Florence.

Sorry, I don't have anymore information for him, maybe you can find something, but difficult I know.

Thanks in advance

Phil
Sydney Australia.
pietsch

Post by pietsch »

I would be interested in what info you may have regarding Picone families in Lipari. My great grandfather, Antonio Picone, was born in Lipari on 20th Jan 1867, but eventually moved to Salina, married my great grandmother, migrated to Australia in about 1901. His parents were Antonio & Giuseppe (nee Bonica). Aside from this, we don't have much info, though it is rumoured he had a brother go to America.
jen_au

Post by jen_au »

Hello, I am looking for the same info as David is re Antonio and Guiseppe Bonica lease
Gratefully
Jen