Hi Guys!
I know that this is a town in Calabria. I just can't figure out which one! It looks to me like it definitely starts with a "T". I went through all of the comuni in Calabria that started with a "T" and none of them seemed to fit.
What do you think it looks like?
Last time I tried to do a link it didn't work. But if you go to ellisisland
just type in NATALE BENEDETTO
Only four come up. The one I'm referring to is from Dec. 8, 1908.
Thanks!!!!!
Ideas on what this town is on manifest?
Re: Ideas on what this town is on manifest?
PS- It's written a little clearer in the column to the right where he says who he was visiting then it is under the actual town section.
Re: Ideas on what this town is on manifest?
Now that I look more it could be an "F". Yikes! It's midnight- maybe it's time to rest the eyes...
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Ideas on what this town is on manifest?
It is Favazzina, a small village included in the municipality of Scilla, Reggio Calabria Province.
Re: Ideas on what this town is on manifest?
Livio,
I think that may be it! I thought those looked like "R's" but you're right they might be "z's".
Grazie mile!
I think that may be it! I thought those looked like "R's" but you're right they might be "z's".
Grazie mile!
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Ideas on what this town is on manifest?
Aliza go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Favazzina and when it comes up it will be in black and not blue which signifies that Favazzina is a"frazione" or part of a comune as Livio pointed out to you. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Ideas on what this town is on manifest?
Thanks Peter. Good job! Hadn't seen that sight before. Good to have.
Adding that to my five million bookmarks now.
Adding that to my five million bookmarks now.
