Italian Birth Certificate Help

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
JScanio
Rookie
Rookie

Italian Birth Certificate Help

Post by JScanio »

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping there is someone out there that can help my husband and I.

Last year Sept. my husbands cousin in Milan forwarded my husbands request for the birth certificate of his grandfather and grandmother to Roccapalumba, Palermo.

Since then his cousin moved to Chile and when she called the comune on many various accounts to return a phone call she received from them there was no answer.

Now that she lives in Chile we have no one to help us get the certificates and my husbands interview in the Miami consulate is in 10 weeks!!!

We would just fly to Sicily and try locating them ourselves but I am pregnant and am due in a few short weeks.

Does anyone have any help or advice for us.

PS: The reason his cousin sent the request from Milan for him is because we live in the Cayman Islands and the mail here is very unreliable. We just received a card that was sent from January...4 months!

Thank you.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Italian Birth Certificate Help

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
if someone of us would work for you, in order to get the real documents, how do we sent them to your address, if your mail service is very unreliable? The italian consulate of Miami wants the real documents, not scans or photocopy or fax
bye Riccardo
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Just to throw in a comment. I have communicated with Roccaplumba and have had speedy responses. If they write to the comune, in my experience, they will respond to the request (written in Italian of course).

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Good to know Barbara, at least we know if Roccapalumba works in the right direction or it is a lazy one
bye Riccardo
hollyolly7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hollyolly7 »

Try sending an express letter to the comune. The comune that I was dealing with always wrote me back in a week's time but then again I'm here in Italy. As long as it's not a big city they are quick about it. Here's the address if you don't already have it:
Via Leonardo Avellone , 34 - 90020 Roccapalumba PA

If you need help writing the letter let me know and I'll give you a hand.[align=center]