Pavone, D'Amico, Di Matteo, Naimo Families in Palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
1vinnie
Rookie
Rookie

Pavone, D'Amico, Di Matteo, Naimo Families in Palermo

Post by 1vinnie »

Dont have a specific question or comment. I just want to get in contact with those who have roots to Palermo, Palermo, Italy under the surnames Pavone, D'Amico, Di Matteo or Naimo.

I have done a ton of work with those four surnames in Palermo and would love to hear about other's effort in the same region.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Re: Pavone, D'Amico, Di Matteo, Naimo Families in Paler

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I have a GGG grand mother from Nicosia, Sicily with the surname D'Amico. On her manifest she was from Nicosia but Im not sure where she lived before she came over. She came over as a married woman with several children already so its possible she lived somewhere else before Nicosia. D'Amico is extremely popular throughout Sicily.

Alicia
1vinnie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 1vinnie »

If you could share a first name and spouse I can see what I cam find
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Oh, okay. I havent gotten farther than this yet on that side because they were born in the 1850s and Im working on another line right now. That would be great!

Provvidenza D'Amico and her husband is Luigi Basilotta. Let me know if you find anything. Thanks Vinnie!

Alicia
1vinnie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 1vinnie »

So far between 1820-1895 there is only about 4 people married in Palermo with the last name Basilotta. And none of them were Luigi. In fact from what I can find everyone married with the last name in Palermo were female so in theory the surname never got a foothold in Palermo. Also there was no Providenza getting married in Palermo. Sorry there isnt any more in Palermo. But the good news is now you know you dont need to look there.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Thanks Vinnie! How true! One less place to look. I have to concentrate on Nicosia. And one child was born in Catania so I have to consider there also. Thanks for your help!

Alicia