Help reading passenger list handwriting (English)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Petrojo

Help reading passenger list handwriting (English)

Post by Petrojo »

My great grandfather Leone Petrone (line 22). I can't seem to read the information in the "Whether going to join a relative, and if so, what relative their name and address".

I am having difficulty reading that column (#16) and on. I believe he may have come to the US with some people listed below him (Capones). I can sort of make out "Uncle Capone (Nicola?)".

Any help would be great, thanks.

Leone Petrone Passenger List
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Help reading passenger list handwriting (English)

Post by maestra36 »

no address given for the uncle-just his name and that he was in Providence. His first name was Nicola. What is the name of the town they were from? I can't read that. I can't say the last name is Capone, that's why I asked you the to town name.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

maestra36 wrote:no address given for the uncle-just his name and that he was in Providence. His first name was Nicola. What is the name of the town they were from? I can't read that. I can't say the last name is Capone, that's why I asked you the to town name.
Hi,
My 2 cents
I think you're right :D
According to the note on the far right side of his manifest - he's travelling with his (?) on line 27.
Line 27 does appear to be Nicola Capone. Nicola is joining his brother Giulio(?) Capone in Providence.
Line 28 appears to be headed to the same place - 99 Young Ave (changed to 2nd Ave)
Valarie
Petrojo

Post by Petrojo »

The town they are from is San Marco la Catola. I had been looking at text that went with passenger #21 and it was throwing me off!

I am looking forward to researching their relationship with my great grandfather. Thanks for taking a look at this for me. :D