caruso from Sinopoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
valnolan

caruso from Sinopoli

Post by valnolan »

Hello!! I would like information on my family. The last person in my genealogy that I know of is Vincenzio Caruso, born in Sinopoli, Reggio-Calabri, Italy in the 1860s. He married a lady named Flavia and I am descended from their son Guiseppe. Anybody know how I can find out who his parents were?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: caruso from Sinopoli

Post by PeterTimber »

You can either write to Sinopoli for his birth record (estratto di nascita=long form so that parents names are listed) free of charge or go to the nearest Mormon church family history library at www.familysearch.org for location nearest your home for about $5.00 and rent out the microfilm dating back for the civil records starting in 1809 to 1900 for births,marrikages and deaths.

Please let us know what route you wish to take so we can advise you. =Peter=
~Peter~
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jo123 »

Hi there,
I have Caruso's in my family lineage, who were born in Sinopoli then migrated to Australia. My Grandmothers maiden name is Concetta Caruso, her parents were Rocco and Maria Caruso. Rocco would have been born early 1900's. I'm not sure of his parents names but I will talk to my Grandmother to find out.
I am also trying to research my family history on my fathers side. I am trying to find info on my great grandfather Cosmo Monterosso who was born in Sinopoli in 1880. Here is my previous post
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... rosso.html

Josie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Josie why not return to that forum since you were unable to obtain the information you sought initially? What was missing previously? =Peter=
~Peter~
valnolan

Post by valnolan »

Thank you! I wrote to Sinopoli to get his birth information and I will let you know what they say! I'll also check out the nearest church. Thank you for the info. I'll let you know :D
anicon

Post by anicon »

Hi, I have an uncle and aunty called 'rocco and Maria' who have unfortunately passed away and they had a daughter called 'Concetta'. I do think they are the same! If they are, Rocco's dad's name is: ANTONIO CARUSO but I don't know his wife's name. As Antonio (father of Rocco and my grandfather was married twice. My mum 'Angela' is the daughter of Antonio's second marriage which was to 'Domenica'. If the above information does relate to you please let me know and we'll get in contact. Anita (Sydney, Australia)
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jo123 »

Hi Anita,
Yes I think we are talking about the same family. I was at the Family History Centre today and photocopied your Grandfather Antonio's Birth Record.
I wil PM it to you. What is your Grandmother Domenica's maiden name as my Grandmother could not remember it?

Josie
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jo123 »

Blank
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jo123 »

Hi Anita,
I am not sure if my previous reply's have worked as they are sitting in my outbox not sent box.
Yes I am from Adelaide. My great grandfather is Rocco Caruso b 1913 in Sinopoli, son from Antonio's first marriage to Mariana Luppino, and married to Maria Tripodi. Their daughter Concetta is my Grandmother.
I know of family in Sydney, mainly Uncle John, who I think was Nonno Rocco's brothers son??
I was at the Family History Centre today and thought I had found Antonio's birth record, but now looking back at images I'm not so sure. There are so many Antonio Caruso's from Sinopoli, the only way to tell without knowing the parents names is from the spouses names in the annotations. Do you know Antonio's birth date or his parents names. I noticed in your post on Ancestry.com that your grandmothers maiden name is Papaglia, this might make the search a little easier. How much do you know about Antonio's first marriage and why he re married?
I have found a ship manifest of Antonio travelling to America in 1913.
Please click the link to find a copy of a ship manifest of Antonio Caruso (wife Mariana Luppino- his first wife) listed on line 29 travelling to America in 1913, the year my great grandfather Rocco was born.

s872.photobucket.com/a...st1913.jpg

Do you know why travelled to America?

I sent a couple of private messages, but I don't think they are sending. Can you please PM me your email adress?

Josie
trimarchi

Post by trimarchi »

I've spent the last year or so building the genealogy for the town of sinopoli I believe I can help you, I would love to collaborate contact me at http://www.trimarchi.com

valnolan wrote:Hello!! I would like information on my family. The last person in my genealogy that I know of is Vincenzio Caruso, born in Sinopoli, Reggio-Calabri, Italy in the 1860s. He married a lady named Flavia and I am descended from their son Guiseppe. Anybody know how I can find out who his parents were?
anicon

Post by anicon »

Antonio Caruso's second marriage was to Domenica Papaglia