Tulumello Family from Grotte Agrigento

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tulumello

Post by tulumello »

I just finished revamping the family website thanks to cousins in Grotte & Palermo Sicilia - in particular - Anna Rivituso and Felice Tulumello who provided a great amount of information which helped develop our family tree.
<BR>
<BR>There are still parts that are missing, especially about our relation to the TULUMELLO family in Buffalo New York - the ancestors and descendants of Onofrio Tulumello - aka Noce. If anyone can assist me in getting that info - I would owe a debt of gratitude.
<BR>
<BR>In the meanwhile anyone can visit the TULUMELLO FAMILY website located at www.angelfire.com/ca/tully. Please sign the guest book if u do visit
Peter Tulumello
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

why can\'t you get the info???????Peter
tulumello

Re: Tulumello Family from Grotte Agrigento

Post by tulumello »

We have updated the family tree on our website and still would like to hear from the members of the Onofrio Tulumello Family of Buffalo. Some have made contact with me, but we are still unable to exact the connections between my Grandfather Vincenzo (Jimmy) Tulumello and Onofrio (Noce) Tulumello. The hypothesis is that they were first cousins. The reality is, I think I need to take my research to the Village of Grotte and see if there are records held there or in the capital city ( Agrigento ) to see if I can tie the families together formally.

Are there any OTHER TULUMELLO's out there who have put a FAMILY TREE TOGETHER that they could share with me or on my website at
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/tully/tulfamtree.html
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

There are several records for Tulumello (from Grotte) on this free site:

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... tml#p=home

Laura
tulumello

Post by tulumello »

Thank you Laura.

I noticed that there is a big gap in the records at this site for the years - 1869 to 1900. Do you have any information as to why the gap? Was there a fire or something that destroyed the records between those years?

Or do you know if the records might be in some other database. My grandfather and grandmother fall between those years, so with the gap there is no way of me to connect the dots to the other Tulumello's in these records