Alvigini Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KAlvigini

Alvigini Family

Post by KAlvigini »

I am looking for members of my family still in Italy. My great grandmother was Albina Sorlino who married Davide Alvigini. I am unsure of the date. I know they came to the USA around 1920 to the Springfield, Massachusetts area (Agawam). My grandfather is Henry Alvigini. He had the following brothers and sisters: Julio, Albert, Florence, Vera, John. If anyone knows of who I am speaking and can give me information on living relatives, I would be very grateful.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Alvigini Family

Post by ptimber »

Do you happen to know the town of origin for both and if not, have you checked the ellisisland.org website for posssible NY entry as immigrants or perhaps Boston Massachusetts. Please advise. Peter
KAlvigini

Post by KAlvigini »

Hi Peter,

I have check Ellis Island and found that Davide came to the US in 1902 from Albero Ligure and Albina came in 1912 with sons Albert and John and they are listed from Altera Ligure. Could this be the same place and just recorded incorrectly at Ellis Island? Also, when Davide came in 1902 he was listed as single. Is it possible that he went back to Italy to get married and that is why I cannot find a marriage certificate for them? If I were to look for one in Italy, where would I look? Any ideas?

Thanks!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The town is ALBERA LIGURE in the province of Alessandria in the Piemonte region of northern Italy. Yes the name appears to be the same and if you go to the nearest family history library of the Mormon church you can rent out the micorfilm for Albero Ligure's civil records which have all the birth,marriage and death records from 1865 to 1925 so the marriage would show up. If you wish you can write and ask for a ceritficate of marriage by sending in an italian form letter (www.circolocalabrese.org) to Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di Albera Ligure, Postale 15060, Provincia Alessandria, Piemonte with a retuirn envelope and include either a $5.00 billl or postal coupons as you wish. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The town is ALBERA LIGURE in the province of Alessandria in the Piemonte region of northern Italy. Yes the name appears to be the same and if you go to the nearest family history library of the Mormon church you can rent out the micorfilm for Albero Ligure's civil records which have all the birth,marriage and death records from 1865 to 1925 so the marriage would show up. If you wish you can write and ask for a ceritficate of marriage by sending in an italian form letter (www.circolocalabrese.org) to Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di Albera Ligure, Postale 15060, Provincia Alessandria, Piemonte with a retuirn envelope and include either a $5.00 billl or postal coupons as you wish. Peter