Ninivaggi Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Ninivaggi Family

Post by rp76226 »

Looking for the parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters of Teresa Ninivaggi, born December 1, 1858 in Altamura, Bari, Italy. She married Michelle Lorusso on October 11, 1884. They had at least 3 children - Vito, Domenico, and Evangelista (born September 18, 1900). Believe her father's name was Francesco.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Ninivaggi Family

Post by maestra36 »

I don't know if this person connects to your ancestry, but there is one entry for the surname on www.familysearch.org

I have no idea how rare or common this surname is. If rare, then probably a connection somehow-

Francesco Ninivaggi
Marriage: 09 FEB 1895 Altamura, Bari, Italy

Wife Angela Maria Carlucci
Birth: 06 OCT 1872 Altamura, Bari, Italy
Marriage: 09 FEB 1895 Altamura, Bari, Italy
Father: Domenico Carlucci Family
Mother: Irene Giordano
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

There are microfilmed records available for Altamura which you can rent through a local family history center run by the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints. Since you have dates to start with, you should be able to locate the records for these individuals and records for siblings, etc.

The records available are as follows:

Registri dello stato civile, Altamura (Bari), 1809-1900
Altamura (Bari). Ufficio dello stato civile
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

I have done that, but no success. My problem is that I have information on his children who were born in America, but not his parents so that I could authenticate what I found. I can't find him on Ellis Island records (which might give me his parents) even though I know he arrived on the same ship (Guglielmo Peirce) with my grandfather on April 15, 1921.
gianfrancofiore

Post by gianfrancofiore »

I Ninivaggi sono originari di Altamura,il cognome deriva da nino vague sopranome dello spagnolo Hernandez che ebbe un figlio Vito da Giovanna.