Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
echickaboo99

Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto

Post by echickaboo99 »

Does anyone know of the Ferraraccio or Panepinto families? Please help me locate any of my relatives!
Thanks,
Tina
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto

Post by ptimber »

.......and where are they from in Italy. Curently there are 189 cities,towns and villages in Italy with the Panpinto surname and there are 23 cities,towns and villages with the Ferraraccio surname. if you can fuirnish the town of origin you can know just about everything of youir famuily back to 1809!!!!!!!! Peter
echickaboo99

Post by echickaboo99 »

I have no idea where any of them were born. Do you have any suggestions as to how I would find out?
Thanks,
Tina
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

First try www.ellisisland.org to see when some ancestor came to the USA as an immigrant. That is the easiest way to find out. The ellisisland,org website gives you all immigrants coming to NYC (only NYC) from 1892 to 1924. If they came from Boston or Phildelphia or New orleans then that is another research that has to be done. Research this information and then get back to me. This way you learn about your family first hand instead of some strangers telling you first. Peter
echickaboo99

Post by echickaboo99 »

Thank you so much. I will do that and get back with you. At this point, I'd be happy with ANYONE telling me about my family!!! But, I will try EllisIsland first and let you know how that goes.
Thanks,
Tina
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

That means someone else would do your work and deny you the pleasure of discovering your own family instead of some stranger. Peter
echickaboo99

Post by echickaboo99 »

I completely understand what you are saying. It's just frustrating not being able to find this info out easier! I thought you could find anything on the web! LOL....anyhow...I'll continue my research! Thank you again!
Thanks,
Tina
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Ok I will help you out if I can. What are the full name and did they come into the USA thru NYC? and if so, about what year? peter
echickaboo99

Post by echickaboo99 »

Thank you so much Peter! My grandfather was Adam Ferraraccio. His parents were Dominick and Angelina Ferraraccio. They came thru NYC I believe, and my Grandfather was born in 1924 so they would have had to come sometime before that. My grandmother was Josephine Panepinto. Her parents were Pietro Panepinto and Loretta Cook. She was born in 1929 so they would have had to come before that. This is pretty much all that I am working with at this point. My grandfather passed away on 1/6/95 and my grandmother passed away on 4/16/92. I would be very grateful for any help you can offer me. I have checked EllisIsland and found many Pietro Panepinto's, but I have NO idea which one it could be. I am going to continue my research as well. If it's easier, you can contact me via my email echickaboo99@yahoo.com. Thanks again! You're the best!
Thanks,
Tina
echickaboo99

Post by echickaboo99 »

One more thing, I did find out that they came from Sicily, but I have no idea of anything more specific than that!
Thanks,
Tina
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

I may be able to help with the immigration year... just want to check with you first...

Did Adam have many siblings? Mike Edith James Ellen Arthur etc.??

mfjp
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear MFJP xdo me a favor and take care of this lady for me I have to take care of something.uch obliged toyou. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Tina this youbng man mfjp will take care of you. i do not meant o abandon you but he is good and will help you all the way thru. Peter
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Yes, this "not so young man" is waiting to hear back from Tina. I am waiting for her to confirm if the the persons I mentioned earlier (Adam's siblings) is from her family. Too many people with the same names.

mfjp
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You certainly create the impression you are young, perhaps young at heart? Peter