Ancestry - Subscription

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Ancestry - Subscription

Post by antonio43 »

Hello,

I will be maybe interested in making a subscription to the website Ancestry.com.

If after a few months, you are not interested, is it possible to unsubscribe in an easy way ?

Thanks a lot.
Regards.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: Ancestry - Subscription

Post by siskojnash »

Do you have a good library system in your area? You can access ancestry.com, at least the search part, at certain ones. Since they are paid for at the individual level, you should check your individual library system databases. That's what I'm doing for now, at least. The bigger libraries might be the best bet there.
Also, if you happen to be in the tax paying area for a branch that has footnote available, you might be able to access it from home with your library card. So far, I know of one library in my system that has it, and it isn't one of the larger libraries. I found out that it seems to be a great site for naturalization documents, if you haven't come across a better source.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Cancelling an ancestry . com account is easy and painless; I have done so in the past (although I have since reinstated my account). Click here for complete details.

Note that a cancelled account will stay active through the current billing period. If you are on a monthly plan, your access will end at the end of the month. If you opt for an annual plan when signing up, well... they do not rebate for unused time.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Post by antonio43 »

Thanks.
Is some has various opinions , if I can subscribe with complete confidence ?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

It would be nice to know where everyone lives?????Sometime your geography can help us help you. =Peter=
~Peter~
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Antonio,

Have you used the 2 week free trial membership? You can try that and then cancel if you have found the info you need or are disappointed with the service.
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Post by antonio43 »

Thaks to everyone for your answers.
Nice Sunday.