Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Hi
I'm struggling with this matrimoni translation. Can someone please set me straight?
I have: on 6 Jul 1839, Cesare Perrotta, 30, born in S.M., living at Strada Sant Erasmo, born of Domenico and Antonia Cappabianca married Caterina Rauso(sp), 47(?), born in S.M. of Sirpione(sp) and ???? Maria Dattilo of Strada San Pietro.
Whew! That's the best I got.
Thank you
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
It looks like she was 47, Jim. I imported the document into my photo program and tried to clean up the background, but not much success in doing so. It looks like quaranta preceding sette
Why is it difficult for most persons to read a Latin document? You may think that it is because they never studied Latin in school. The real answer is that some of the words appear unfamiliar to you. On the positive side, you probably already know enough Latin words to pick out a few of them in a d...