Fabris Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rwilliamh

Fabris Family

Post by rwilliamh »

My Grandma was from Gorizia, Italy and came to the US during WWII as a war bride. Almost all her family was born in Gradisca. As she recalls it, this was in Austria. From what I can tell the Gradisca that was in Austria is now in Italy. I am looking for any information on the her family. In particular I am looking for information about her aunts and uncles and her grandparents. Here is the information I have:

Father: Quirino Fabris, b. 1888, Gradisca, Goerz-Gradisca, Austria
Aunts and Uncles: Leone, Giovanna, Eleonora, and Bramante
Grandfather: Giovanni Fabris, b. About 1865, Gradisca d'Izonso
Grandmother: Unknown

Can anyone help me track down my family?
mnm

Re: Fabris Family

Post by mnm »

Made any progress on your Fabris family from Gradisco d'Isonzo?
My husband's family is Fabris from about 5 miles west and they too were subject to the Austrian - Italian border changes.
rwilliamh

Re: Fabris Family

Post by rwilliamh »

I have made a lot of progress. Not on the aunts and uncles. They remain illusive. I have found a lot on the great aunts and uncles. There is a wonderful website I found called Fruili in Prin, which is a project to identity the people of Fruili-Venezia. There is a database on the website you can search by name. If your are uncomfortable working in Italian, you can also translate the page to English. Check out the page. It has helped me a lot. What city in Italy is your family from? We may be related if they lived that close.