Help translating administrative document

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
fishacura
Rookie
Rookie

Help translating administrative document

Post by fishacura »

Thanks to a couple of you, I finally sent a request to a valid email address to request a family certificate for my grandfater. I received this email back yesterday but cannot translate it. It looks like someone took my request, and made some sort of formal request for something on my behalf. The body of the message is below...can anyone help?

Heading: Ministero per i Beni e le Attivita Culturali Archivio di Stato di Agrigento

Oggetto: Richiesta copia lista di leva o foglio matricolare del Sig. Raphalle Venneri.

In riscontro alla Sua richiesta del 20 luglio 2010 si comunica che, i fogli matricolari e i registri di lista di leva conservati presso questo Archivio si Stato riguardano solo ed esclusivamente i Communi appartenenti all provincia di Agrigento
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Help translating administrative document

Post by johnnyonthespot »

>> Oggetto: Richiesta copia lista di leva o foglio matricolare del Sig. Raphalle Venneri.

You requested the military records of Raphalle Venneri.

>> In riscontro alla Sua richiesta del 20 luglio 2010 si comunica che, i fogli matricolari e i registri di lista di leva conservati presso questo Archivio si Stato riguardano solo ed esclusivamente i Communi appartenenti all provincia di Agrigento

It seems to me they are pointing out that they have military records pertaining only to persons from the province of Agrigento.

This has nothing to do with a request for a family certificate. Perhaps a reply to some other research you have in the works?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
fishacura
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fishacura »

You are correct...I had forgotten about the military request. We'll see if they actually send me anything. Thanks!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Where was Raphalle Venneri born? My impression from the letter you received was that the archive was suggesting you were barking at the wrong province, so to speak. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
fishacura
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fishacura »

Definitely Cosenza, so I am not sure why they're asking for the requst of some town in Sicily....guess we'll find out but it looks like a dead end!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Well, apparently you wrote to the state archives of Agrigento when you should have been writing to Cosenza.

If Raphale was born in Cosenza, you need to write to this address for his military records:

Archivio di Stato di Cosenza
Via Gian Vincenzo Gravina
87100 Cosenza CS
ITALY

Email: as-cs@beniculturali.it (remove the spaces)
Carmine

ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

if he came from the province of cosenza, calabria you can search for his birth certificate online at
88.59.143.158/ascs_web/index.faces

you have to register but its free and you can also switch the language to English and if you find him you can order the birth/death/marriage certificates, and some military records also, for no more then a couple of euros for them to make copies.. etc
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
fishacura
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fishacura »

ChrisMosca wrote:if he came from the province of cosenza, calabria you can search for his birth certificate online at
88.59.143.158/ascs_web/index.faces

you have to register but its free and you can also switch the language to English and if you find him you can order the birth/death/marriage certificates, and some military records also, for no more then a couple of euros for them to make copies.. etc
omg, I registered 15 mins ago and I still have not gotten my confirmation email. Talk about the need for patience lol

WOW! What a gold mine. I cannot believe this is the 1st I have seen this. Is this every town in Cosenza? My entire family is from there and my great grandparents were all born there between 1870-1890. Is this a complete archive? If so, it would save me hours in the LDS library.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

If I recall correctly, I never received the confirmation email; nevertheless, my account worked immediately.

My maternal grandparents came from Malvito which is in Cosenza province. I have obtained birth and marriage records for my grandparents as well as birth/marriage/death records for my great-grandparents directly from the comune - so there is no doubt as to where these people were born.

However, searching the Cosenza archive online, I have been unable to find any of these people. There are Malvito records there and I have even found a few which I believe are an earlier generation (great-greats). What this tells me is that the online archive is either not complete or that it is badly indexed.
Carmine

fishacura
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fishacura »

johnnyonthespot wrote:What this tells me is that the online archive is either not complete or that it is badly indexed.
I have confirmed it is not complete but it does have some info which is a nice start. I was also able to get to this page through links from a record

http://www.archivi-sias.it/index.asp

Cannot read it as it's not in English and my Italian is not good enough but it looks to be some broader record database. Any thoughts?