Naturalization documents from Connecticut

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
cannoli
Rookie
Rookie

Naturalization documents from Connecticut

Post by cannoli »

I am re-posting this question with a clearer subject line...

I am applying for citizenship through my great grandfather.

According to the SF Consulate website, in addition to the federal document, I must also provide a Certificate of Naturalization from the county where my great grandfather resided showing place of birth, all names used on official documents, date of birth, date of naturalization, and the certificate number.

Connecticut state does not have county clerks in this capacity. The town clerk does not have the required information. Would the Immigration office of the state of Connecticut be the best place to direct this inquiry?

Thank you!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Naturalization documents from Connecticut

Post by johnnyonthespot »

cannoli wrote:I am re-posting this question with a clearer subject line...

I am applying for citizenship through my great grandfather.

According to the SF Consulate website, in addition to the federal document, I must also provide a Certificate of Naturalization from the county where my great grandfather resided showing place of birth, all names used on official documents, date of birth, date of naturalization, and the certificate number.

Connecticut state does not have county clerks in this capacity. The town clerk does not have the required information. Would the Immigration office of the state of Connecticut be the best place to direct this inquiry?

Thank you!
This really does not make any sense. Can you point to the exact wording you are referring to on the SF site?

Also, what is the status of your current naturalization research?

If you already have a copy of the Certificate of Naturalization from USCIS and/or the Petition for Naturalization with the completed Oath of Allegiance section, then you simply should not need anything else; I would venture to say that the SF website is either badly translated or contains requirements which are not actually needed at your appointment.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
cannoli
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Naturalization documents from Connecticut

Post by cannoli »

Thank you for your reply!

I am gathering documents to apply for citizenship. I have received a packet from the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service which includes my great-grandfather's naturalization certificate. Also included are the Declaration of Naturalization and the Intention of Naturalization.

The language that I am referring to from the SF site is:
"You must request the following: a statement from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis and from the County in which he resided. The statement must show his full name (and any other names he went by on any official documents), place of birth and date of birth, date of the naturalization, certificate number (or, if a legal alien, his permanent resident card number).