Where is the Father from?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
mamatangelo

Where is the Father from?

Post by mamatangelo »

I have this document and I am trying to read what is says for where the father is from. The father is Antonio Iodice.

Does it just say he is from the same place as where the document was made? Or was he living somewhere else? I cannot find the birth certificate of one of his daughters. I am trying to see if I should look in another town.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3487 ... ntonio.jpg
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Where is the Father from?

Post by maestra36 »

He was living in Portico, but I can't make out the street name which follows that. It says Portico Strada (street) and then the name of the street
mamatangelo

Post by mamatangelo »

Ah, Thank you!
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

hi,like maestra36 wrote it seems strada (street) Lunga (long) . I'm searching if this street changed name. this is the website of Portico di Caserta:
http://www.comuneporticodicaserta.it/

Regards.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The second letter looks like an a to me and not a u.
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Hi,
yes in ancient italian "longa" or "lunga" are similar words.

regards
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).