Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Below is the death record of Calogera Falzone. Can anyone read the day the act was recorded. August ? 1878. The act before this was Aug 11th and the one after was Aug 19th.
Any help with the house number is also appreciated. Both are marked with a red ?# above the word.
It is interesting that her father is Cataldo Falzone and mother is Michela Falzone, both deceased. I have not found any other individuals with the same parents. I wonder is Michela's maiden name was the same as her married name, or is this a mistake. Hopefully further research will reveal the answer.
It has to be either diciannove o ventinove (19 or 29). The other is "senza" =no number. There are only 31 days in a month and the nove at the end is to pronounced, for me at any rate, to say anything else. Peter
Hi Peter,
senza = no number That makes sense. I was looking for a number or zero.
I know the acts are to be recorded daily. You shouldn't find an act recorded on the 12th and the next on the 10th. I am not referring to the date the event occured, but the date recorded.
I agree that the number ends with a 9. I just can't see the diece or venti. I know the person died between the 13 - 19 of August. The exact date isn't that important, I was just fustrated that I could match what I was seeing with the limited choices of calander dates. Thanks for looking.
Why is it difficult for most persons to read a Latin document? You may think that it is because they never studied Latin in school. The real answer is that some of the words appear unfamiliar to you. On the positive side, you probably already know enough Latin words to pick out a few of them in a d...