Question about Ancestry.it

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

Question about Ancestry.it

Post by kangaroo_ch »

Hello, i was wondering if it's worth it to register with the Italian site of Ancestry as i'm only interested in the Italian documents and Family Trees. If i understood correctly it only costs Euro 9.95 per year. What are Allegati? Are they any help?
----------------
Abbonamento di base
- ideale per iniziare -

•Accesso a oltre 11 milioni di alberi genealogici contenenti più di un miliardo di nomi
•Possibilità di contattare tutti gli abbonati Ancestry in tutto il mondo
•Informazioni esaurienti su tutta la famiglia
•Accesso a documenti storici sui vostri antenati provenienti dall'Italia
solo € 9,95 all'anno
(meno di € 1 al mese)
-------------------------------
Maybe someone could advise me. Thank you
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Question about Ancestry.it

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Hmmm... Interesting...

Here is the full link: http://www.ancestry.it/subscribe/signup.aspx

My suspicion is that you will not be able to sign up for this without entering an Italian address and payment method (credit card issued in Italy, etc). The fact that no such service is availble on the US site (ancestry . com), is telling.

For just €9.95 per year (about $14 US), it would be worthwhile to give it a try and see what happens. I might even do so myself. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kangaroo_ch »

Hi, i signed up and it worked fine, even i haven't got an Italian address or creditcard. If your only after Italian based documents then thats a much cheaper option then the American one.

Regards
Anton
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

kangaroo_ch wrote:Hi, i signed up and it worked fine, even i haven't got an Italian address or creditcard. If your only after Italian based documents then thats a much cheaper option then the American one.

Regards
Anton
Very interesting. I wonder if there is detail there (Family Trees, for example) which is not present on the US ancestry . com site...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kangaroo_ch »

Hi Carmine,
you will find the same Italian based family trees as on the US site. I have allready found several documents relating to my family and that of course for Euro 9.95 per annum. For me it's the perfect solution because i only pay for what i really need.

Regards
Anton
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

Does it have American documents on it...like census, etc
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

I took a quick look.. will look later when more time is available.. I key'd in my surname and it DOES have the 1930 census in America. I'm gonna look more at it.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Just my two cents worth but with the World Membership those documents are available w/o having to pay an additional 9.95. I would think if you had just a regular Ancestry Mmbership, for an additional 9.95 you could gain Italian access.

There are some Italian family trees that the U.S. version does not show. Since our surname is not that common it was easy to check out.

You can call Ancestry to verify what I have said.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

lilbees wrote:Just my two cents worth but with the World Membership those documents are available w/o having to pay an additional 9.95. I would think if you had just a regular Ancestry Mmbership, for an additional 9.95 you could gain Italian access.

There are some Italian family trees that the U.S. version does not show. Since our surname is not that common it was easy to check out.

You can call Ancestry to verify what I have said.

lilbees
I think the original poster is suggesting that he finds everything he needs on the ancestry . it site at only €9.95 per year and is able to forgo a separate US or World membership in ancestry . com (which would cost $12.95/month or $24.95/month on an annual basis).
Carmine

lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Carmine,

At this point I would think I would like to ask the original poster to be sure if this is without a regular Ancestry subscription. The 9.95 would definitely be a big deal. I am sure a lot of people would jump on that kind of a deal.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kangaroo_ch »

Hi,

ok i try to explain it a bit better. If i sign up with ancestry.com and want access to the italian collection then i have to take out a world deluxe membership which is very expensive to me as i only need the italian collection.

If i sign up with Ancestry.it basic membership then i only pay around 14 US Dollars per annum. For that i get full access to the italian collection.

Anything else which is outside Italy like US census, German lists etc etc you have to take out a world deluxe membership.

Or in other words: I want the turkey without all the trimmings :lol:

I hope this helps.

Regards

Anton
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Put another way, having both an ancestry . com account and an ancestry . it account might be a good option for those of us who are only interested in US & Italian records and don't have a need for the rest of the world.

It is possible that someone who wants to try this would have to use two different email addresses and/or two different credit cards when creating the .com and .it accounts.

Thanks for the info, Anton!
Carmine

kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kangaroo_ch »

Not sure if it works, i guess it would be worth it to give it a try, i used to have on ancestry.com a world deluxe membership which after the trial i cancelled because it was just to expensive. Now i'm very happy with my italian account.