Just starting to search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Just starting to search

Post by ptimber »

Dear james I am shocked and dismayed at your clever insinutations. But I see that you have obvioously set side this special time to humiliate yourself in public. Peter
Auburn0508
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Auburn0508 »

ptimber wrote:Dear people all you do is convince me that I am more sophisticated than I thought. Peter
FYI - Sophistication has nothing to do with crude, boorish behaviour such as that which you have presented on this site many times. Quite the opposite, in fact, my dear.

As for living in NY, where the "humourous" people supposedly live... darlin', I don't think you know what humour is. Try living in Australia or Aceh for a while... then you'll learn what humour is all about.

Peter, I can only say this. Get over yourself, and get a life. Stop harassing those who want to make something of this site - for themselves and for others. You may think it is humour, but it is derogatory and unconsciounable abuse.
A balance of caution and risk is necessary for a true life. Too much of one can lead to a long, dull existence - too much of the other can lead to a short pointless existence. Moderation in all things - a full and fully-experienced life. :)
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I am refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view. I am an OZphile and have several good friends there on both coasts of OZ which leaves me surprised by your abusive comments to me. I will try being nicer if you'll try being smarter. Peter
wutzamattaU

Post by wutzamattaU »

OK folks, this is just a reminder of how sophisticated Peter is. The man who considers himself a "teacher of genealogy". UNBELIEVABLE!
Buy the book Italian genealogical records by traffor R,. Cole for starting out,. it is an easy read and majke you a wonder in the family. For straters start working backward from the USA via ellisisland just to get your feet wet. www.ellisisland.org. Then get back we have all sorts of people here in varuious stages of menopause that can assist you. Peter
I think an apology is in order.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear WUTZAMATTA U...If anyone has to apologize it is you for using a gross pejorative expression of an Italian making a laufghable attempt to speak english so that he comes out looking like a fool with your approval. You have approved of this so much that you have made it a user name on this forum which speaks volumes about you. So how do you dare to even question my genealogy abilities since as a treacher it is my job to direct people to websites and addresses so that they will be able to learn by doing research on their own families at their own speed and at websites and places so directed.

You know many centuries ago when the Roman Senators who were brothers named CAFUS opend up Abruzzo lands to the veterans of the english based Roman Tenth legion, they were not well received by the inhabitants of Abruzzo and they were so gross, uneducated and boorish that they were given the name CAFONI after their benefactors. Peter
MACD

Post by MACD »

Should I just start a new thread? :oops:
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

ptimber wrote:Dear WUTZAMATTA U...If anyone has to apologize it is you for using a gross pejorative expression of an Italian making a laufghable attempt to speak english so that he comes out looking like a fool with your approval. You have approved of this so much that you have made it a user name on this forum which speaks volumes about you.
Do any of you see this ? AmyT? Suanj? You seem to dismiss him as an old codger who is sometimes rude, but at times helpful. Understand that this man is not well. Do you guys not see how people are offended by him? Peter you are no longer welcome here. Go away.

Jim Bianco
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I do not work here. I'm a consultant with lots of karma to burn off. Peter
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

ptimber wrote:I do not work here. I'm a consultant with lots of karma to burn off. Peter
No...you are a bitter old man with a huge ego, who seems to find pleasure in insulting people. My mailbox is practically full now, with people from this forum who are mortified with the way you treat posters.
I suggest you stop posting here. I will say this yet again, you are a true novice, which is sad at your age. I shudder at the idea that you consider yourself a teacher.

James
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

OK so I am not a teacher! I certainly do not want you to shudder. if not a teacher then perhaps I am flypaper for freaks? is that better for you. Please advise before the screw up fairy visits us. Peter
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

ptimber wrote:OK so I am not a teacher! I certainly do not want you to shudder. if not a teacher then perhaps I am flypaper for freaks? is that better for you. Please advise before the screw up fairy visits us. Peter
Absolutely brilliant Peter...
Auburn0508
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Auburn0508 »

ptimber wrote:OK so I am not a teacher! I certainly do not want you to shudder. if not a teacher then perhaps I am flypaper for freaks? is that better for you. Please advise before the screw up fairy visits us. Peter
Too late Peter - the screw up fairy's already here. Look in the mirror...

As for intelligence, only those with low intellect insult those with a higher intelligence. I may be young, but the intelligence level of this chiquita is far more advanced than many older people...

James has it right. You are not welcome here. Please leave.
A balance of caution and risk is necessary for a true life. Too much of one can lead to a long, dull existence - too much of the other can lead to a short pointless existence. Moderation in all things - a full and fully-experienced life. :)
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Parece que si. Peter
Auburn0508
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Auburn0508 »

Sì, dunque sembra. Tale è la vita.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Hablas mejor que nunca. Peter