Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I may have that film. I'll have to wait until I get home to check my list.
Is it normal for them to provide the index number in the mariage annotation? I had never noticed it, or better still, known what I was looking at.
Thank you so much.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Jim
Usually there is a number for the "atto" after the date in the notation. Maybe it hasn't always been easy to read, but the 152 should be the number for this record. If you find that I am incorrect, let me know.
Peg
I eventually get through most of my documents with success. Far too often it is the marriage annotation that stumps me. The hand writing is frequently not legible enough for me to read it and the info is not consistently in the same order on each annotation. I get some of them but, as you know, I still get stumped.
You are very helpful.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I keep hearing similar stories from fellow researchers. A person at my FHC claims he only sees marriage annotations in his town(s) when there is a second marriage. I have found my documents to be quite consistent when there is a matrimoni. I can't recall a document that failed to have it if the person did get married (except for my grandmother whose annotation was on her older sister's birth act).
It sounds like I am fortunate to have that consistency. I assumed every one had it.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I have found many marriage notations on my family records. When I don't I begin to question if they had died before reaching marriagable age and do a search that way.
Usually I find that to be true but sometimes not. The really early (before 1850) are a hit and miss on marriage notations.
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Groom:
Donato Vendemia,age 26, born in Portico di Caserta, resident in Portico sudetto (they keep using sudetto for above), son of Pasquale-resident in Portico above, and of Maria Magro, resident in Portico above
Bride:
Angela Rosa di Lucia, age 27, housewife, born in SM sudetto, resident in SM above, daughter of Luca, resident in SM and Maria De Gennaro (?) resident in SM
Witnesses:
Alfonso Martucci, age 25, clerk (impiegato)
Antonio Ventriglia, age 63, clerk
The older generations who lived in southern Italy certainly remember the sound of the bells or the siren that occurred at various times of the day. Life was marked by simple and repetitive gestures: work, the relationship with nature, sharing with the family and the people of the small villages. Now...