Vitalchek.com and what reason did you choose? Help pls!!

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Vitalchek.com and what reason did you choose? Help pls!!

Post by JPMessina44 »

I get to the part that asks me my reason for asking for births, deaths, etc and there seems to be three good options:
[align=center]Long Form
Apostille
Dual Citizenship [/align]

Has anybody used Vitalchek and if so, which did you choose? I know it needs to be long-form, certified but will "apostille" come with letter of exemplification......i am not sure which would be best to use for the purpose of dual citizenship?

Help pls!
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Re: Vitalchek.com and what reason did you choose? Help pls!

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I had the same question and no one answered me, lol! Then I emailed Vital Chek and they didnt answer either! Did you try calling them? Or calling your state vital dept to ask them before you order?
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

I did just get off an 1.5 hour wait time with NYC Department of Health and Mental,. always a good times.

She said to choose apostille/authenticiation over dual citizenship. Both should work, but they always says use apostille. This way there is no question that the letter of exemplification will be given.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Wow your pretty patient. I guess you have to be right? So you just answered my question from months ago. So your wait time helped me as well, lol!
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

glad I could be of service. Next time, you cant wait for me and give me the answer! :)

Thank for very very very long, boring Global HR Meetings where I just need to listen to a presentation. haha.

Now NY State is different, use "long form" for NY State. NY State, certified is already ready for an apostille whereas NYC requires the letter of exemplification, before you can get it certified, and ultimately apostilled.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Your in Jersey like me arent you? Next time I have it out with Jersey vital dept (and I always do!) Ill let you know. Maybe it will be useful info :) Except Im usually yelling at them for their stupidity!

Alicia
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

I hear ya, thank god my whole family is from NYC, so I won't have to deal with Newark (well, I dont know how lucky I am on that side as well), but perhaps better than NJ....don't wanna talk too bad though, cause I am in NJ, so don't want to curse myself come consulate meeting in a few months!

:)
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Best of luck though. Im going through Philly. But sometimes I hear there are rumors philly will close and Ill have to go to newark. Hope its just rumors. I dont want to lose my appt. By the time I walk in there it will have been a 15 month wait!