Vigna & Scala family from Rueglio, Piedmonte, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
FamHistorian

Vigna & Scala family from Rueglio, Piedmonte, Italy

Post by FamHistorian »

Looking for any info on Vigna family (Luigi Vigna married Maddalena Scala abt mid 1870's)

and Scala family (above mentioned Maddalena Scala's parents: Matteo Scala born abt 1813 & wife, Giovanna Rapegno born abt 1818)

Also researching other surnames from same area: Perague; Glaudo; Cura Stura.

Any and all suggestions and information greatly appreciated!

FamHistorian
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Vigna & Scala family from Rueglio, Piedmonte, Italy

Post by maestra36 »

Hello and welcome to the forum-

There are some microfilmed church records for the town-only three rolls of microfilm-

Registri ecclesiastici di Rueglio (Torino), 1589-1899

These are available for rental through a local family history center.

https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Orderi ... ory_Center

This link should answer all of your questions about family history centers and ordering microfilm.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

COMUNE DI RUEGLIO
Piazza Municipio 1,
10010 Rueglio (TO)
Italia

This is the town's official website:

http://www.comune.rueglio.to.it/viewdoc ... idlingua=1

To write letters in Italian to the town to request information and record copies, you can refer to the following websites which have sample letters:

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

affarigenerali@comune.rueglio.to.it (no spaces in the email address)- if you wish to email the town, but you must do so in Italian

l'ufficio anagrafe, or the anagrafe (registry) office, houses the town's vital records
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

if you go to www.familysearch.org and type in the surname Vigna, there are some entries for that surname and Scala from the town. I don't know if those will connect to your ancestry or not. There is a contact name and address for the person who submitted the information who lives in Utah.
FamHistorian

Post by FamHistorian »

Thank you very much for all your suggestions; some I have tried but other I have not but will certainly consider.

I imagine in order to view the specific church records at the Family Center I will need to brush up on my Italian/Latin...

Thanks again!
Rueglio

Post by Rueglio »

Goodmorning,
I've seen that you are looking for information about Vigna,Scala, Peraglie, Glaudo, Cura Stura ' families.
They are all original surnames of Rueglio town. They are still common spread.
My Great-grandfather's name was Vigna Pietro ( borns near 1880), and my Great-Great-grandfather's name was Vigna Andrea (borns near 1860).
As Him, my name's Andrea.
Do you have more precise references? (eg. date of marriage of Luigi and Maddalena Scala, the Name of who emigrated, name of towns where they lived )
Are Vigna's family your relatives?
About the other surnames, I need more details to looking for something.
Waiting for your reply, greetings from Rueglio.
Ciao
Andrea
FamHistorian

Post by FamHistorian »

Thank you very much for your reply - I have just today noticed it.

I have also noticed by looking at the street names in Rueglio many are familiar names to the surnames I am researching, including Vigna.

In a nutshell; I am looking for any parents, grandparents, etc. of Luigi Vigna who is the father of Matteo Giuseppe Vigna (b 1879 Rueglio) who immigrated to Canada with his uncle, Filippo Scala (b 1857 Rueglio). (Matteo was my husbands' grandfather)

I do not know the exact date of the marriage of Luigi Vigna & Maddelena Scala - but estimate Luigi was born 1841 and Maddelena was born 1850 based on Matteo's Birth Certificate. I also do not know whether Matteo had any siblings - we have not heard of any.

We believe that Filippo Scala and Maddalena Scala parents were Matteo Scala (b1813) and Giovanna Rapegno (b 1818) - there were 3 other children in the family; Marie Assunta (b 1842); Domenico (b 1845 - who is noted to be "Padre De Dottori" (?)) and Antonio (b 1855) but have yet been unable to confirm the siblings...

I do have some further information but it has not been confirmed; so will leave you with the above for now - leaving for you to decide how deep into this search you want to go.

(ps: have previously been in contact with a distant relative in Italy who kindly sent us copies of the birth certificate, etc. But have lost contact and thought I would try this route to find further information as a first step.)

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Sandra
Rueglio

Post by Rueglio »

Hi,
I began my research and I’m discovering somethings.
The most important thing is that Scala Phil has a daughter who is still alive. She is very old!
He married a youngher woman than him and they had this daughter.
Tomorrow I’m visiting her and I ask her some information.
I also write to a descendant of Domenico Scala, who has previously collected information about his ancestors.He promised me to send them.
My email address is mufaz@libero.it.
I’d prefer if you can write me directly by email. It’s better also for the privacy of the families.
Please write me a message to my address, so I can reply to you a.s.a.p. I have information .
Ciao

Andrea
FamHistorian

Post by FamHistorian »

Rueglio wrote:Hi,
I began my research and I’m discovering somethings.
The most important thing is that Scala Phil has a daughter who is still alive. She is very old!
He married a youngher woman than him and they had this daughter.
Tomorrow I’m visiting her and I ask her some information.
I also write to a descendant of Domenico Scala, who has previously collected information about his ancestors.He promised me to send them.
My email address is
I’d prefer if you can write me directly by email. It’s better also for the privacy of the families.
Please write me a message to my address, so I can reply to you a.s.a.p. I have information .
Ciao

Andrea
Thank Andrea - I have emailed you as you requested - you can delete your email address from your message if you wish....

SVigna