Looking for long lost Trapasso/Paonessa family members

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cgervac2

Looking for long lost Trapasso/Paonessa family members

Post by cgervac2 »

Looking for information about my great grandparents:

Guiseppe Trapasso DOB June 8, 1876 born in Gimigliano, Italy and Died Dec 24, 1951 in Ontario, Canada.
Elizabetta Paonessa DOB May 9, 1894 born in Gimigliano, Italy and Died Jan 29,1970 in Ontario, Canada.

They married and immigrated to Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.

If anyone has information about brothers or sisters of Elizabetta or Guiseppe please message me.

Guiseppe's fathers name might be Francesco Trapasso.

I also know that 3 Trapasso families married in Paonessa families but not sure who they are besides my great grandparents.

Thank you,

Carol
Nativityrae

Re: Looking for long lost Trapasso/Paonessa family members

Post by Nativityrae »

Hi. I am trying to figure out my Italian ancestry also. My great grandmother was Maria Teresa Fabiano. She was born in Gimigliano, Italy in 1882 and immigrated to Niagara Falls, NY. Her mother's name was Maria Guiseppa Trapasso. I am told that she also immigrated to Niagara Falls, but I cannot find any information on her. Her husband was Giovanni Fabiano (Maria Teresa's father). Maria Teresa married Francesco Salvatore in Niagara Falls, NY. Perhaps there is a connection in the Trapasso family. I heard that some of them came to the US from Canada but don't have all of the details. -- Natalie
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hi Natalie!
Welcome to the Forum
You may want to start your own post
(click the New Topic button) -
it would be better if you kept your family separate
We'll be happy to help you look for your family
Valarie
Russo Family

Post by Russo Family »

Hello

My great grandfather was Guiseppe Paonessa from Gimigliano, Catanzaro. He came here to Pittsburgh through Niagara Falls, Canada and was killed.

He was married to Maria Russo and had a family that included my Grandmother Guiseppina (Giovanna) Paonessa Russo. Maria and my Grandmother came to NY in 1920.

Steve LaPidus